New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Headphones advice

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brimmy

brimmy is on a distinguished road

So the generic apple headphones that i got with my 3gs lasted me about 6-7 months, which i was actually fairly impressed with, but now I am on the hunt for a new pair.

I have searched high and low and am really struggling. (before people mention it, i have already searched this forum and macrumors and that did not help)

What i am looking for:
- On ear/over ear/around ear style headphones.
- iPod controls and microphone.
- Budget of 100, I will pay not a penny more.

While the sound that the apple headphones generate is'nt great, they do represent great value, etc because of the mic + iPod controls which is why i haven't bothered to look for different headphones until they broke.

Sound quality is important to me, but not o the detriment of style.

So to sum up, can anyone recommend some on ear headphones with in-line iPod controls and mic that sound and look good costing under 100.

Thanks very much.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

This is what I ended up getting to replace my headphones after two of them died on me. This was before the iPod headphone replacement program. <_<"

I bought these in January of last year...for 99.99 USD. They are amazing but not sure which ipods they will work with. They work on my iPhone and iPod Touch 2nd gen. I don't think they work for the first gen iPod Touch.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
brimmy

brimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
This is what I ended up getting to replace my headphones after two of them died on me. This was before the iPod headphone replacement program. <_<"

I bought these in January of last year...for 99.99 USD. They are amazing but not sure which ipods they will work with. They work on my iPhone and iPod Touch 2nd gen. I don't think they work for the first gen iPod Touch.
Well, aside from the fact that they are in-ear earphones, they are exactly what i am looking for.
Does anybody know of a good set of ON-EAR headphones with ipod control and microphone?
Thanks for the help.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeisabeach

lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Grab this adapter and then use the headphones of your choice.

Or perhaps these are more what you are looking for…
http://en.akihabaranews.com/?gallery...1211&image=004
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimmy View Post
So the generic apple headphones that i got with my 3gs lasted me about 6-7 months, which i was actually fairly impressed with, but now I am on the hunt for a new pair.

I have searched high and low and am really struggling. (before people mention it, i have already searched this forum and macrumors and that did not help)

What i am looking for:
- On ear/over ear/around ear style headphones.
- iPod controls and microphone.
- Budget of 100, I will pay not a penny more.

While the sound that the apple headphones generate is'nt great, they do represent great value, etc because of the mic + iPod controls which is why i haven't bothered to look for different headphones until they broke.

Sound quality is important to me, but not o the detriment of style.

So to sum up, can anyone recommend some on ear headphones with in-line iPod controls and mic that sound and look good costing under 100.

Thanks very much.
Beats by Dre.... best headphones I have ever used besides BOSE (Oops Didnt read MIC part **** sorry...) Still great lol
QUOTE Thanks
lifeisabeach

lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I've done a bit more digging to find alternatives. Unfortunately, there are very very few that offer a mic and iPod controls in the styles you want. I'm in your camp... I really don't like in-ear earbuds either. Here's one more I was able to dig up:
Maximo Products / Headsets / iP-HS1

If using an adapter will work for you, I personally really like this Sennheiser set when exercising:
Sennheiser PMX80SPORT ECO Rugged Stereo Neckband: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Since that's well under your budget, you could step it up to something better if you want extra fidelity. Generally speaking, you can't go wrong with Sennheiser. Their HD line of headphones that completely cover the ears are among the best sounding headphones of any brand.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question about selling my iPhone | Iphone 4g question? »