Question iPhone 3GS home button stuck... (I think)
    This morning I woke up and my home button wasnt working. Everything was fine last night but now its unresponsive. The button still clicks in and out but it doesnt do anything. I think it may be stuck on the inside of the phone because sometimes voice control randomly starts and if I kind of push it in and move it around a bit, sometimes it will go back, but rarely. I did a restore and that was even screwing up, im guessing because the home button is stuck. Any advice? I live around an hour away from the nearest Apple store so Im trying the internet first. Thank you.

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    Quote Originally Posted by EhinesNWI View Post
    This morning I woke up and my home button wasnt working. Everything was fine last night but now its unresponsive. The button still clicks in and out but it doesnt do anything. I think it may be stuck on the inside of the phone because sometimes voice control randomly starts and if I kind of push it in and move it around a bit, sometimes it will go back, but rarely. I did a restore and that was even screwing up, im guessing because the home button is stuck. Any advice? I live around an hour away from the nearest Apple store so Im trying the internet first. Thank you.
    You can open it up yourself with a suction cup and a screw driver, The home button it actually a very simple setup It's mounted inside the display assembly.
    check the pics sometimes the contacts can come loose from the logic board.

See where the arrow is pointing that part just rests on the logic board,sometimes and can become dirty,wet,moved out of place..etc

If your up to it, pop it open and see if it's not connected or corroded.

Quote Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
    You can open it up yourself with a suction cup and a screw driver, The home button it actually a very simple setup It's mounted inside the display assembly.
    check the pics sometimes the contacts can come loose from the logic board.

See where the arrow is pointing that part just rests on the logic board,sometimes and can become dirty,wet,moved out of place..etc

If your up to it, pop it open and see if it's not connected or corroded.
    Im kind of scared to open it up but I might end up resorting to this. Also, sometimes now when I turn it off and on again, its in recovery. This is because they home button is stuck down right? Im guessing that little bit of information just confirmed that it is indeed stuck down.

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    That sounds like the home button is stuck, If your not up to the repair,You can find someone locally on Craigslist or take it to Apple

Quote Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
    That sounds like the home button is stuck, If your not up to the repair,You can find someone locally on Craigslist or take it to Apple
    Thank you for your help and quick replies, I appreciate it.

Thread Information