New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Woke Up Today and Mail App Is FUBAR

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shane82388

shane82388 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.2GHz Mac Book Pro (4GB RAM) - 23" HD Cinema Display - New Wireless Keyboard/Mouse - iPhone

So today I went to check my mail on my iPhone like any other day and the inbox only has emails from 2008 and a couple from 2009 etc... All my recent and not even so recent emails are gone out of the inbox...*

Checked my email on my phone last night and it was all good. This morning, everything is out of wack when I went to check.

I did notice that I have my current emails in my gmail folder on my phone which is weird... They are all there in my Apple mail on my computer and on gmail.com too.

Also I tried deleting the account and setting it up again and it's the same thing...

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
shane82388

Mac Specs: 2.2GHz Mac Book Pro (4GB RAM) - 23" HD Cinema Display - New Wireless Keyboard/Mouse - iPhone

ok now im looking at gmail.com and its the same as my iphone...totally effed...yet Apple Mail is working fine still...

anyone got any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
shane82388

it looks like EVERYTHING got sent to the "Archive" somehow...everything is in one big container now...sent messages, recieved messages...all this happened magically...i dont get it?

i tried selecting all and moving them to the inbox but it moved sent messages from myself to other people into my inbox...AHH!! what the heck is going on?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Since this is Google's issue, have you thought of contacting GMail support about this?
QUOTE Thanks
Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis has a spectacular aura about

I had a similar issue, and never resolved it. My gmail on the iPhone mail app skipped about 2 months worth of mail. It showed today, yesterday, then jumped to early February mail. It was all there on the gmail webmail app, but could not get it back on my iPhone mail app (even deleted and reinstalled the iPhone account).

I think Google had an issue, but I can find no evidence of that (maybe it was a Chinese attack?!?!?!)
QUOTE Thanks
shane82388

I did think of asking them for help but as i recall it wasnt exactly that simple...like no direct email or anything just a bunch of help pages and stuff.

I decided to mess with it again, after sort of getting it fixed before...I had gotten it to have all my up to date mail and what not, and got everything out of the archive and into the inbox...or sent folder if it was a sent message (obviously...but not according to gmail which apparently like to pile everything in one big folder "Archive"). Essentially it was working right more or less but if i checked a new mail on my iphone it wouldnt be checked on my computer mail app or on gmail.com, and vice versa. This was annoying but livable i guess.

I noticed both POP and IMAP were enabled...i tried turning off POP and everything seemed to start working correctly again! Oh and by the way, i have my settings for gmail to keep its copy in the inbox...not delete or archive it, if that makes some kind of difference or whatever...

anyways, give it a try. cant hurt.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« File Compression for Iphone Downloading | Removing iTunes Downloads »