Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gen 4 iPhone, what do you think?
    I was wondering whether everyone agrees that we will see a new iteration of an iPhone this year? If so what kind of features do you expect?

I think it will look very similar to iPad with aluminum back which would prevent finger printing and would look so cool (because I absolutly love black Apple logo on aluminum! ). Also, it probably will have same OS as iPad's.

I think it may get a 5MP camera but I don't think it will have a flash purely because it won't fit the design. Though maybe front camera is a possibility for vid chats.

Thoughts? Do you recon there will be more radical cosmetic changes? And why?

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    More ram and a faster processor and possibly longer battery life and I would love to have the aluminum back.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Well, just so this discussion will be more productive, let's clear up what we mean by "Gen 4".

Do I think Apple will update the iPhone's version of OS X to version 4.0 sometime this year? Yes, I do -- but not before summer, and possibly later.

Do I think Apple will launch a new MODEL of iPhone this year? Possibly, but I'm not as confident about this. Maybe a slightly faster/better version of the 3GS, but beyond that I wouldn't expect much.

Do I think Apple will have an iPhone that is compatible with "fourth generation" cellular services like LTE or the other types that are vying for the title "4G" this year? Absolutely not. We'll be lucky to get that compatibility before summer of 2012 if you ask me.

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    This is not an Apple rumour and should be moved into the iphone area of the forum.

And what would want is a phone + sms + no data or internet plan. The main reason I do not own an iphone is the pricing of the iphone plans. Way way to expensive. If they had a pre-paid version where you got credit for the iphone and this credit did phone and sms/mms only. I'm not interested in getting on the net on it. Actually I really want not to do that. And that was affordably priced I'd get one of those phones tomorrow.

So that is what I want in the 4th gen iphone. I'm sure it's not directly to do with Apple but it's what I want.

Specs:
    Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
    Sounds like you want to have a cheap cell phone, and then just have an Ipod touch.

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetCosmicPope View Post
    Sounds like you want to have a cheap cell phone, and then just have an Ipod touch.
    Exactly, and an excellent idea. In fact, when my AT&T plan expires in December, my iPhone 3G will become my "Palm Pilot" and my old Motorola RAZR v3 will be getting reactivated on the cheap.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

No camera flash? HA. Apple really needs to step it up on the next iphone. If you haven't heard, pretty soon a Verizon version of the Nexus one is going to be released soon, and its specks blow the doors off the current iphone. Apple needs to pull out all of the stops on the next one so it will be able to at least compete.

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetCosmicPope View Post
    Ys but I want the two things in the one device. I don't want to have to be foreced to carry around 2 seperate devices. A touch and a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by TWM View Post
    No camera flash? HA. Apple really needs to step it up on the next iphone. If you haven't heard, pretty soon a Verizon version of the Nexus one is going to be released soon, and its specks blow the doors off the current iphone. Apple needs to pull out all of the stops on the next one so it will be able to at least compete.
    Apple has gotten away with these kind of things before. I really doubt they care about Nexus One all that much. They know loyal iPhone and Mac users will buy the next iPhone rather than Nexus One or another Android phone.

I am not an iPhone user but I have a gen 1 iPod Touch and I believe the best touch screen experience is provided by Apple so far (I tried so many other phones most of which are Samsung and LG). So, I want my next purchase to be an iPhone. But there is a huge room for improvement like multitasking (at least allow us to have 3 internet pages open at the same time, real time!) and camera quality. I am sort of over the camera thing for I recently bought a Canon camera. But some other things, mainly software side, are very important for me.

Specs:
    MacBook Air - 128 GB SSD, 2.13GHz intel duel core, 2GB Ram
    The next iphone must look different. I have bought two iphones which look exactly the same now and im not buying another, and id bet a lot of other people feel the same.
    Follow me on Twitter for iPhone news: @iph0ne

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    I hope they release the new iphone 4 this year, it will be perfect since my 2 year iphone contract ends this year

I think the mass amount of people are going to start getting tired of the dated look of the iPhone. It looks almost exactly the same as when it was released 3 years ago. Side by side against most of the smart phones on the market today, it looks VERY dated.

I think the mass amount of people are going to start getting tired of the dated look of the iPhone. It looks almost exactly the same as when it was released 3 years ago. Side by side against most of the smart phones on the market today, it looks VERY dated.
    That's why I was quite shocked and disappointed by iPad's front look. It looks so much like iPhone, though I love the back of it. As I mentioned, aluminum and black apple logo is a killer for me I am sick of metal frame though! I am actually huge fan of the front looks of the 1st gen iPod touch. The black frame>>> shiney chrome!

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    With the phones, as with the computers, it's about the software. Who cares abot Snapdragon or 1ghz chips, if you can't listen to you iTunes music or play Street Fighter II. Any of us could buy an Alienware laptop that would "blow the doors" off the current MacBook Pro. It doesn't matter, it's still running Windows.

In OS 4, I'm hoping for:

- Wireless syncing
    - Scheduling of downloads (like NYT or Podcasts)
    - Rotation lock (for reading PDFs!)
    - Fix the syncing with multiple computers, it's currently awful
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge

Specs:
    late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
    oops nevermind !
    MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!

Thread Information