New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

how to confirm 3Gs is a factory unlock

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

b.lang

b.lang is on a distinguished road

im looking at buying a new 3Gs. its being listed as factory unlocked. is there anyway i can confirm this? i will be able to see and handle the phone before i buy it.

1. i thought to look for jailbreaking software, ie cydia...
2. ask if i can restore the phone, plug it into my computer and see if it says "unlocked" or restore it and then put my t-mobile sim card in and make a call

any other thoughts?
thanks

sorry if this is a repost, im kind of short on time and didnt use the search option...
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Looking for Blackra!n, Cydia or similar won't work. They can be removed after jailbreaking just like any other app.

Restoring via iTunes would work, but you'd have to have some time and access to a computer.

Other than that, IDK. In the US, we don't see very many factory unlocked iPhones. I've never seen one that I know of.
QUOTE Thanks
b.lang

b.lang is on a distinguished road

im in the US. i was planning on bringing my computer to plug it into itunes, how long does it take to restore. i want to make sure its factory unlocked before i fork over the paycheck
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone won't connect to Mac | Iphone Without sound and mute switch »