New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Home button on iPhone has a mind of it's own

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bailey.hipson

bailey.hipson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3", Aluminum, 2.0 GHz Intel core duo, 2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 160GB 5400-rpm hard drive

For a while now my "Home" button on my iPhone has been sensitive barely have to touch it to return to the "home screen" and so on. Now the issue seems to have progressed... without touching the "home" button it flicks through the search iPhone menu, iTunes etc. it also closes my phone calls, my text messages and any app that is open. As everyone is aware it can be EXTREMELY frustrating!
I took it to the apple store (oh btw it is the iPhone 3G) they said ya it is sensitive but didn't open it up to see if there is dust or something obstructing the button (I felt cheated on that come on ) then said this will cost $229 plus tax to fix the button I said no way I can get the new iPhone for that jeesh.
So what I am looking for is a cheap way to fix the button myself is there a way to do so? what will I need?

Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Follow this link another member asked a similar question a while back, I think this will help you.
It's a fairly simple process. just make sure you don't crack the glass/lcd.

I just wanted to add, In your case it could be that your home button is pushed to far in. If so You can always buy a new (Ebay $10 or less)

Home Button issue
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Strange, to add a ringtone, i have to delete all Music, Movies etc from my iPhone? | Broken Screen »