New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

digitizer replacement, then screen issues, then fried logic board?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pianodavid

pianodavid is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 12" PB , 80GB HDD, 1.5Ghz G4, 1.25GB RAM

I think I may have fried my iPhone. Here is the order of events:
  • replaced iphone digitizer
  • proximity sensors did not work, phone remained touch sensitive when pressed against ear/on a call
  • powered off phone, removed digitizer, scratched off black paint from back of cheap digitizer (non apple brand, apparently!)
  • reconnected everything, again
  • screen flickers white (without powering on!) with some colored horizontal lines
  • force-powered down, then powered up
  • screen shows solid white
  • force-powered down, then powered up
  • screen shows solid black
  • no sounds work, the vibrate toggle switch works, phone receives calls, but will not ring, only vibrates (yes even in 'ring' mode)

So now My screen stays black-and-only-black. I was having trouble with proximity sensors and one of the times i opened up the iPhone i think i turned it on (not so hard to do) and therefore disconnected and/or reconnected cables 1, 2, & 3 with the power ON. now my screen was then stuck on all white, but is now stuck on all black... it DOES look like one of the pins on plug #1 is bent, but i've tried straightening it with a needle with no luck. Did i possibly fry my logic board?!? is there a way to test it?

The iPhone still syncs with iTunes as normal.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« If iPhone goes to Verizon in 2010, AT&T still sell 2010 iPhone? | iPhone Cant put people on hold »