New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

HELP!!! I need to back up a disabled iPhone... (details inside)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

m009

m009 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I'm new here but I'm in a huge rut that I need to get out of.

In a nutshell - last week I restored my MacBook Pro - I had too many things on my computer and just wanted to start over, so I saved files and pictures that I didn't want to lose and restored it. When I did that, I didn't think about how I had used blackra1n to jail break my phone (specifically to use categories - that's it, I've always been super anal with my electronics) so when I went to sync my phone and back it up, iTunes wouldn't allow me to.

Well, 4 days ago, my iPhone fell out of my jacket pocket and the screen shattered.. I've replaced two screens before, one for a friend and one on my old 3g so I had done what I did before, got on eBay and ordered a new screen/digitizer. After installing it, I realized I was sent a defected digitizer, for those of you who have done this, the tab that connects it to the hd is bad, so when I tried to unlock my phone, when I would press the number 2, my phone would think I was pressing number 9 or some other random number, making it impossible to get into my phone. After trying for hours - my phone is now disabled and asks to connect to iTunes, when I connect with iTunes, a pop up appears telling me I need to enter my passcode before I can do anything...

So - I'm fine with restoring my phone to get into it but I NEED the contacts from my phone - pictures, videos, texts, etc. don't even matter to me at this point... It's just mainly numbers for clients, employees, etc. that I can't afford to lose. So pleeeease tell me there's a way I can either hack the passcode to my phone so I can sync it properly with iTunes or sync it using a different program, because right now I have NO backup at all for the phone.

Hellllllllllllp!!!!!

-Michael
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

This guide here should do the trick it might be a little cumbersome.

How To Recover Your iPhone Files, Photos, Contacts, Notes, SMS, Call History, Etc.

Hope this helps, please keep us updated.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sug...-question.html

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post

He is not asking how or where to jailbreak he is simply asking how to access his contacts etc..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« moisture sensors issue for iPhone 3GS? | iPhone 3G S replacement »