Does the iTouch support Bluetooth headsets?
    I'm trying to pair a bluetooth headset to my iTouch but it's not working. I've heard this only works with a Nike headset? Is that true?

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    That depends on what Gen your iPod Touch is.

FYI there is no such thing as an iTouch. >_<"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

2nd gen ipod touch

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBoi View Post
    2nd gen ipod touch
    What firmware version are you running?
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    You need to have at least a 2nd generation Touch to have bluetooth capability...and you need firmware version 3.0 or greater to unlock it. Firmware 3.0 I think is around a $5.00 download.

As far as headsets. I remember reading that with the 2nd generation Touch...bluetooth headset compatibility is limited. The 2nd generation Touch bluetooth ability I think is geared more towards bluetooth speakers & gizmos like that other than wireless headphones.

You of course can use a "wired" headphone or "bud" with a wired microphone.

I also read (I couldn't find the article) that the 2nd generation Touch does have the capability to use bluetooth headsets...just that this ability wasn't unlocked in the firmware 3.0 upgrade. There is some speculation that maybe this ability will be unlocked in a future firmware upgrade.

I think the bottom line is...maybe Apple (at the moment) doesn't want folks turning an iPod Touch into an almost as convenient device to use as an iPhone (using something like Skype for phone calls).

Hope this helps,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    You need to have at least a 2nd generation Touch to have bluetooth capability...and you need firmware version 3.0 or greater to unlock it. Firmware 3.0 I think is around a $5.00 download.

As far as headsets. I remember reading that with the 2nd generation Touch...bluetooth headset compatibility is limited. The 2nd generation Touch bluetooth ability I think is geared more towards bluetooth speakers & gizmos like that other than wireless headphones.

You of course can use a "wired" headphone or "bud" with a wired microphone.

I also read (I couldn't find the article) that the 2nd generation Touch does have the capability to use bluetooth headsets...just that this ability wasn't unlocked in the firmware 3.0 upgrade. There is some speculation that maybe this ability will be unlocked in a future firmware upgrade.

I think the bottom line is...maybe Apple (at the moment) doesn't want folks turning an iPod Touch into an almost as convenient device to use as an iPhone (using something like Skype for phone calls).

Hope this helps,

- Nick
    Yep, this does. That's exactly what I planned on doing. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information