Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Nexus 1

Google Nexus 1
    Hard to see how this will compete with the iPhone. I think Google may have screwed up on the form factor.

For more details, click here.
    www.dynostep.com
    engine simulation software

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I think it looks great. My only concern is that it's HTC hardware, which tends to be cheap and poorly designed.

Also, I think Google is silly to rebrand it as their own phone when there is still a fledgling market for their OS. Now, they're competing against the vendors that they have previously courted and added to confusion as to what Android phones actually are. WE, as enthusiasts, understand - but I guarantee you that if a layman walks into a mobile carrier, they will be quite confused when the salesman starts trying to differentiate between the different models. When you're trying to gain marketshare, it helps to have a consistent message.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by mbohn View Post
    Hard to see how this will compete with the iPhone. I think Google may have screwed up on the form factor.

For more details, click here.

I couldn't agree more.. I mean maaan. How is that huge thing supposed to fit in anybody's hands, let alone pockets !

On a more serious note.. Trackball, UUUGH.

Still glad they're not giving up on trying to make Android more market friendly though. One of these days they'll get it right.

Doug

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    I want to like it, but can't. Guess I'll have to wait for the Droid 2 sans-keyboard.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    1) What's the deal with the chick in her bathrobe?

2) Google needs to pair their software with good hardware not this cheap crud, anything else is just a wast of their time.

Specs:
    late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
    But wow does the main stream press just love this thing ! And I love how they are saying that now google makes their own phone so they can go head to head with apple ! Except of course google doesn't make phones. It's just another htc with a slightly enhanced os! No thanx I'll wait till June.

Clay
    MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    I'm a big Android fan, But I gotta agree with the rest of you the hardware sucks!
    I don't have a problem with HTC,But the trackball is old and outdated.

Plus unless I got it wrong - why in the world would they launch just with T-Mobile of all carriers??!!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Plus unless I got it wrong - why in the world would they launch just with T-Mobile of all carriers??!!
    You should like this then: They are working diligently to hookup with AT&T !
    www.dynostep.com
    engine simulation software

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
    its alright, but my opinion is that no phone competes with the touch technology of the iphone. i hear the nexus is close to the touch that the iphone has, but come on, if u can get an iphone then get one if u want an touch phone. i dont think i can get any other touch phone after having an iphone, i found have to go to like a blackberry tour or something haha

Just looking at the demo on their website, I really don't like the interface. I'm sure it would be different in person but it just looks ugly to me.

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    Tmobile and google partnered together a few years ago. You got to figure It's good for Tmobile to have Google in their corner.

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    I think it looks pretty good overall to be honest. The outer appearance could be sleeker, and I probably wouldn't use the trackball much outside of positioning my curser, but it still seems like a pretty solid device. From the videos I've seen the OS is pretty darn snappy, especially considering the eye candy it runs. People have already put it up against the iPhone and other devices showing how much faster it is at common tasks like loading core apps and webpages. And supposedly the AMOLED screen is down right stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    2) Google needs to pair their software with good hardware not this cheap crud, anything else is just a wast of their time.
    If you're going to toss out comments like that, you really need specifics to back it up.

What do you think is better than the internals like the snapdragon processor and 5MP camera? The whole industry has been gushing over this processor before it was found in this device. Is there something better out there running available handsets?

They already said they'll have a CDMA version ready for Verizon this spring. I think it's because they wanted to open with a GSM model that they could also debut internationally, and T-Mo is the only option outside of AT&T for the US. Obviously they can't go with AT&T, not because of the iPhone, but because the horrible rep AT&T has had lately.

To be honest, unless Apple comes up with some major improvements to the iPhone, I may switch over to this device. Partly because I think it is superior to current iphones in some ways, but mostly just to get away from AT&T who has completely jaded me to their service.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Quote Originally Posted by doug b View Post
    i couldn't agree more.. I mean maaan. How is that huge thing supposed to fit in anybody's hands, let alone pockets ! ;p
    rofl!!;d

Just got my Nexus One on Friday, and it is awesome. I've spent all weekend toying with it and the hardware isn't as bad as everyone here assumes it to be. It is HTC, which already makes people assume it's a pile of junk. I've got news though, it's not exactly the Dash or Mogul. It feels solid and well made. The camera is less than what I wanted but I withhold all camera judgements based on the fact that I use an actual camera for all photo needs. The interface is typical Android, which I love. I wish you could disable the animated wallpapers, since they tend to be a processor hog at times. I've been blasted a million times by my fellow Apple fans because I hate the iPhone, but in general, this thing far outperforms the iPhone. It's faster, more stable and generally just feels better in the hands.

My only major critique is this thing can't even come close to an iPhone in the keyboard department.

Thread Information