New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Bluetooth, won't recognise devices

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chalky

Chalky is on a distinguished road

The young uns iphone, 1st generation, won't recognise any devices via bluetooth. Bluetooth is activated and other phones/devices are close by yet still doesn't find any.

Any ideas anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Bluetooth on the 1st gen iPhone only works with a Bluetooth headset.
QUOTE Thanks
mikesmith2

mikesmith2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac

Bluetooth on all generations of iphone will only recognise Apple computers, headsets and other iphones.

They don't sync to other devices so you don't swap itunes content to other people
QUOTE Thanks
MACyMouse

MACyMouse has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs

I have an iPhone 3GS that won't see my MacBookPro. Just got this phone 2 days ago. The lady at the phone store said I needed to download an app for bluetooth to recognise other devices which I think sounds like BS. So what's going on with the iPhone Bluetooth?
QUOTE Thanks
Splint

Splint is on a distinguished road

Bumping an old thread here. I just got a 3gs, my macbook pro can find my iphone but my iphone can't find any bluetooth device at all. It does say searching, now discoverable but finds nothing even when I sit the phone on top of the macbook. Anyone know how to overcome this?

Thanks
Splint
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is my iPhone unlocked? | iPhone not able to sync »