New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Is anyone else starting to get a bit tired of Apple?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Thekris1234

Thekris1234 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13" Standard Spec. iPhone 4 16GB

Reading around the internet it is becoming clear that if Apple don't pull their finger out other phones are going to start overtaking the iPhone (Although some seem to be already). What with Flash coming to most phones apart from the iPhone and Firefox days away from their mobile browser launch which will be available to quite a few phones, apart from the iPhone. As far as I can see Apple don't seem to be bothered with the iPhone very much, the transition between iPhone 3G and 3G[S] wasn't something to shout down the streets about. All I can say is that I really hope that Apple bring out something brilliant in the summer. To be honest, I've stopped getting excited every time I see a rumour because of the amount that went around about the iPhone 3G[S] and never came true.

Anyone agree/disagree?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Not really. The market is huge and still growing and there will always be something new coming down the line by someone. People have been saying that iPods were on the way out for some years now, yet the iPod is still the top selling DAP out there, despite some nice offerings from other vendors. Yes, the cell market IS different but it's not like Apple is just going to sit and do nothing, they are doing things but they just aren't advertising what those things are. That is a downside of Apple, everything is a secret until it isn't.

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

I think this is typical Apple. They wait, they see what others bring to the table, they release a rival with some tweaks, the others go away and come back with a supposed Apple killer, and Apple come back with the be all and end all gadget.
It happened way back with the iPod. Anyone remember the Rio MP3 player now? Nope, didn't think so....

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Anyone remember the Rio MP3 player now? Nope, didn't think so....
Actually yes, I still have mine and it still works!

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

No. If Apple came out with a new version of the phone every 6 months, then it would be twice a year we'd have to listen to all those "I just bought mine 3 months ago and now they have a new one, will they exchange mine out for the new one for free" threads.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Thekris1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
No. If Apple came out with a new version of the phone every 6 months, then it would be twice a year we'd have to listen to all those "I just bought mine 3 months ago and now they have a new one, will they exchange mine out for the new one for free" threads.
Well, technically they only bring one out every year. And to be honest if people want to upgrade they should do what I do. I also buy a Pay and Go rather than getting into a contract, I then sell my one and put more money to the new one (seeing as the iPhone seems to get more expensive each time).

One other thing to people reading this thread - Does anyone have problems with internet on their Mobile network after using the internet on WiFi?
QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

Clearly you don't know the business of product marketing and attaining new and repeat buyers. The 3GS is significantly better than the 3G, just cause it wasn't visibly different does not make it a bum product. You don't follow macs, obviously so you have no idea about the wow factor and marketing most of their computers generate year after year. You are complaining about one product not wowing you out of the many products apple produces.

Are you going to whine about 3M because their post-it notes don't wow you anymore?

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Actually yes, I still have mine and it still works!
Awesome! Bet you still have a gramophone too

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I still have a wire recorder.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

I like my iPhone very much. When an open source/Linux-based OS becomes available on decent hardware, perhaps I will switch. The Droid would have been nice sans-keyboard. Until then, Flash on my iPhone is less important to me than most. I can understand how Flash, etc could be important to some folks.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Who gives a monkey's toss about iphones or any other phones and I still use an Apple camera and need to keep an LC running System 7.0.1 to connect the camera to. Great cameras Apple cameras.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
I still have a wire recorder.
I had one of those and in a move my dad threw it out. It was my Aunts and I was supposed to keep it for her. My dad got CHEWED OUT big time!

She had many wires for it and had to take them to someone else to get them copied to tapes.

I have my iPod 3G with the 4 buttons. Pretty old.
QUOTE Thanks
Thekris1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG View Post
Clearly you don't know the business of product marketing and attaining new and repeat buyers. The 3GS is significantly better than the 3G, just cause it wasn't visibly different does not make it a bum product. You don't follow macs, obviously so you have no idea about the wow factor and marketing most of their computers generate year after year. You are complaining about one product not wowing you out of the many products apple produces.

Are you going to whine about 3M because their post-it notes don't wow you anymore?
You don't need to tell me how much better the iPhone 3G[S] is than the 3G. I've had both, I'm not just an onlooker moaning about Apple. I am just saying, at the moment it seems that Apple are holding back the iPhone's potential, I also know about other Apple products because I've used them and would rather Mac's etc than PC's (Although its the OS and not the specs). The Mac's they bring out seem to be fantastic but, I'm afraid, they are losing the "Wow" factor as you call it, from the iPhone.

Oh yeah about the post its, I didn't pay over 450 to get a pack of post its, I did for the iPhone 3G[S] and therefore get a bit annoyed watching all of these News headlines saying Flash coming to phones, firefox coming to phone etc and hate reading in the small print:

"Unfortunately this will not be coming to the iPhone"

It isn't because it isn't feasable its because apple stop people from doing it.
QUOTE Thanks
torbjoern

torbjoern will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekris1234 View Post
Reading around the internet it is becoming clear that if Apple don't pull their finger out other phones are going to start overtaking the iPhone (Although some seem to be already). What with Flash coming to most phones apart from the iPhone and Firefox days away from their mobile browser launch which will be available to quite a few phones, apart from the iPhone. As far as I can see Apple don't seem to be bothered with the iPhone very much, the transition between iPhone 3G and 3G[S] wasn't something to shout down the streets about. All I can say is that I really hope that Apple bring out something brilliant in the summer. To be honest, I've stopped getting excited every time I see a rumour because of the amount that went around about the iPhone 3G[S] and never came true.

Anyone agree/disagree?
What exactly is it that Apple is holding back? I'm sure that Flash is something that can be taken care of with an OS upgrade, though a battery upgrade might become necessary as well if people are actually going to use it. Flash will be a battery-hog.

More likely than not, the 2010-iPhone will mainly have a change in design. Non-functional changes, in other words - with a functional improvement 12 months later. I also imagine that the 2011-iPhone will support 4G Hi-Speed technology, which of course is not provided by AT&T until another 1 or 2 iPhone-iterations are out. In the meantime, people will whine in envy about "unfair improvements" and ditto price drops after each new release, just like when the first generation of the iPhone was reduced in price by 200$ and storage was doubled to 8 GB...
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I really don't nderstand where the op is coming from. Your 3gs is the same amazing phone it was the day you bought it. Your mad at apple because someone else made a phone you want ? Go buy it. Your mad at apple because they won't tell you what will be on or in the next iPhone ? Shouldn't you wait untill it comes out before you bad mouth it ?
With this train of thought I should be mad at ford for not upgrading the radio in my new truck before chevy did theirs......

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question about go phone 3g sim card and iphone 3g | Move data from ipod touch to iPhone »