New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 3gs cracked screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bakara

bakara is on a distinguished road

I have a question, I dropped my iphone 3gs and the screen cracked it's still under warranty so do you guys know if apple will replace the screen for free or do I have to pay?
QUOTE Thanks
Z mannn R2

Z mannn R2 will become famous soon enough

Just buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FOR-IPHONE-3...item2a014e825c

and replace it yourself......I've done it twice already......easy stuff

here is a great site on how to take apart your phone depending on what you need to replace:

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Device/iPhone_3GS
QUOTE Thanks
csa9

csa9 is an unknown at this point

Hey I've read elsewhere that broken screens, water damage, and theft are pretty much the only exceptions to the warranty. I've been wrong in the past though.

If my advise helped, please leave positive feedback
QUOTE Thanks
AaronGatesCarlt

AaronGatesCarlt is on a distinguished road

I believe that Apple does have a policy regarding how much you can pay to have it replaced. But I'm not sure how much that is. You would have to call them or go into the store. A cracked screen is not covered under the warranty though, as far as I know. There are some 3rd party options out there as Z mann recommended, but many of them will void the warranty. There is a website called iPod Repair | iPhone Repair | MacBook Repair in which you can pay them and they can fix it. They are Apple certified, so as far as I know it won't void the warranty. At least that is what an Apple genius told me at a store once.
QUOTE Thanks
Sin City

Sin City is on a distinguished road

I've had 11 iphones. I can't remember all of them but I know each one with a broken screen was somehow replaced under warranty. Including my first iphone that was jail broken, cracked screen. Then I had the Iphone charger electrocute me (recalled) and broke my screen when I fell down (talk about questions!), another one was at work, replaced before christmas and several with hardware issues. I have 8000+ pictures, loaded with music etc. I use my iphones to the max and i love them. I think the electrocution case pretty much opened me up for instant replacements. As the store managers both know me since the incident happened. Last replacement was 3 months ago, out of warranty and the phone stopped working and day before I went it I slipped on ice and put a very small crack in the screen...

ive had bad luck with screens... i know

/// IMAC 27" / MacBook Pro / Iphone 3G / Apple TV ///

Comfortably Numb
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mophie Juice Pack Air... | Non-iTunes Music downloads into iPhone »