New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

language problem and more

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ferrari91

ferrari91 is on a distinguished road

Hello, I just recently purchased an iPhone 3G on Ebay. The phone is unlocked and jailbroken. I will discuss those things later, but right now my biggest problem is I have changed the language to English, but there are some things that are still in French. Such as the lock screen date, the App store, and the Safari web browser are all in French. Pretty much everything else is in English. How do I fix this? Now, I want to remove the jailbreak on the phone and restore it to factory settings. But I heard this will remove the unlock on it. It is a Rogers iPhone and my carrier is Fido. So should I restore the phone, or will it remove the unlock? Any help with these issues is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

A restore would reset the phone to factory settings. I suppose this will also reset the language throughout the entire phone to English. Yes, restoring the phone would remove the unlock. Also, I believe you will lose the ability to unlock the phone again after restoring.

Also, I found a link that would help you out with this, but it violates the EULA, so I cannot discuss it here.

QUOTE Thanks
ferrari91

ferrari91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuhnool View Post
A restore would reset the phone to factory settings. I suppose this will also reset the language throughout the entire phone to English. Yes, restoring the phone would remove the unlock. Also, I believe you will lose the ability to unlock the phone again after restoring.

Also, I found a link that would help you out with this, but it violates the EULA, so I cannot discuss it here.
If I do this, will my phone be bricked? Secondly, if I lose the ability to ever unlock the phone, this will mean for sure I will have to use a Rogrs sim car since it is a Rogers iPhone? So, if a large OS update for the iPhone comes out, what will I do if I want to upgrade? Will the phone have to be jail broken to that new OS? I really don't like jailbroken phones.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Podcasts on iPhone | iphone 3gs dropped calls »