New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

MMS no longer working on 3GS

Thread Closed

AppleFreak81

AppleFreak81 is on a distinguished road

I've had a unlocked and jailbroken iphone 3gs on t-mobile since it came out with no issues. After recently updating the firmware and baseband i can no longer edit my cellular data information and i can no longer recieve mms'?? Any ideas?

iMac 24" 2.66 Ghz
Macbook Aluminum Unibody 2.4 Ghz
iPhone 3G S on T-Mobile: MMS and Internet Tethering
Black iPod Classic
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Lets see, you have a hacked iPhone on another providers network and it doesn't work right? Too bad...

DriftNismo

DriftNismo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs:  15.4" MacBook Pro w/ 2.0GHz i7 & 4GB, Bold 9700

I get this from time to time, but I just put the Cellular Data settings back in and restart it... Why can't you edit the Cellular Data settings? Is it blocked out or just not there at all?

 15.4" MacBook Pro | 2.0Ghz i7 | 4GB | HD 6490M | 500GB | OS X 10.7.1 
AppleFreak81

i updated the firmware to the 3.1.2 and after that the cullular data settings option disappereard. If i do a restore with the custom firmware it shows back up but when i do my back up to get all my contacts back on there it disappears again. If someone sends me a mms now it doesnt come throught. just tells me it to large or resolution issue. Ive had my wife use her phone and send me a mms i send to her back to me and i cant recieve it????

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Lets see, you have a hacked iPhone on another providers network and it doesn't work right? Too bad...
every since the frist iphone came out i have gotten them and upgraded them as they came out and never had any issues. My mms and all were fine for past few years until i updated the firmware to the newest again and just now ran into this issue.

iMac 24" 2.66 Ghz
Black iPod Classic
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

You hacked your phone and it doesn't work. To bad. Enjoy fixing it.

Don't expect us to show you any sympathy because you messed it up doing something that is, technically, illegal (violates the Apple EULA) and is therefore against this forums rules.

AppleFreak81

yeah express an opinion not be an *** to a fellow member just cause i have a "hacked" iphone. So im sure you jump on everyone else on this board that doesnt have a "legal" legitamate iphone service right? I think not.

iMac 24" 2.66 Ghz
Black iPod Classic
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleFreak81 View Post
yeah express an opinion not be an *** to a fellow member just cause i have a "hacked" iphone. So im sure you jump on everyone else on this board that doesnt have a "legal" legitamate iphone service right? I think not.
Actually, yes.

D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleFreak81 View Post
On this forum, yes... we do.

Please re-read the Community Guidelines for posting here.

And since this thread has already gone downhill, I'm just going to close it before it gets worse.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Closed

« Home Button issue | Buzzing in Earpiece »