What caused this
    Ok so I fixxed put a new glass/digitizer on an iphone for someone, Lcd and touch screen where working perfectly when i returned the phone to them then later that report to me that it stopped working and screen showed white lines. I asked for a picture and this is what I received

My guess was that it was dropped, judging by that black part on the lcd, doesnt look like a normal hardware malfunction.

Let me know what you think.
    thanks

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
    That is a broken LCD if I ever saw one. Neither software nor loose connections would be likely to cause that issue.

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    I bought a 3GS a couple weeks ago that had this same problem, In his case he dropped his 3GS on it's side the glass didn't crack but the lcd did.

http://i34.tinypic.com/30u5xu1.jpg

As everyone has already mentioned, it is indeed a broken LCD. Fortunately, replacing the LCD is significantly easier than replacing the touchscreen glass (assuming it's a 3G or 3GS).

Your best place to look for a replacement LCD is on Ebay. The 3G LCD should run you about $30-$35. Unfortunately, if it's a 3GS, it's a lot more expensive. Those are currently running about $90 on Ebay.

Trust me, if you could fix the glass, you can fix the LCD no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jcd View Post
    As everyone has already mentioned, it is indeed a broken LCD. Fortunately, replacing the LCD is significantly easier than replacing the touchscreen glass (assuming it's a 3G or 3GS).

Your best place to look for a replacement LCD is on Ebay. The 3G LCD should run you about $30-$35. Unfortunately, if it's a 3GS, it's a lot more expensive. Those are currently running about $90 on Ebay.

Trust me, if you could fix the glass, you can fix the LCD no problem.

well his story was he woke up one day and it was like this, I called BS on and told him that is CLEARLY a broken lcd screen, it was not broken when i returned it. I havn't heard back from him since. But he was trying to get me to buy him a new phone, so i doubt he will come back to me to repair the lcd, but hey you cant please everybody.

But thanks guys I really appreciate your help

Thread Information