New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

someone's using my lost iphone to send pictures...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macabeo41

macabeo41 is on a distinguished road

i've recently checked my sent email on my email account and discovered pictures sent from my lost iphone... it seems to me that my lost iphone still is being used with my gmail acount still logged in on it.. how can i go about tracking the location or the sender ???? responds would be much appreciated..
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Why have you not changed your Gmail password since losing the phone?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
ZEEK

ZEEK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 3GS & iPhone4 Factory Unlocked.

good you didnt change it, maybe you can retrieve it somehow. I dont know how to but maybe someone can help.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

If you happen to have a mobile.me account you can set it up to track and de-authorize the phone.....

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
macabeo41

I dont think its a big security risk... judging by the fact that its been missing for 4 months and just yesterday (nov 6) she sent a picture of herself and her dog just 3 emails from my phone.. should I contact her via the email she sent her pictures to, or should I wait for some more help from people online...
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

show us the pictures.

send an email to your email saying you want the phone back.

If it has been 4 months why haven't you changed your gmail password and I dont think you will get it back.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabeo41 View Post
I dont think its a big security risk....
Why take so long to try to retrieve the lost phone. No big security risk !!! Maybe not but i would be more upset i had lost my $900 phone. Mind you i would have had insurance.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
macabeo41

in the photo she's holding my phone up to a mirror to take a photo of herself...
you see the photo was emailed from the iphone to her email address...
therefore she must not know my email is still logged in on the iphone..
for all i know she must have just gotten it and is playing with the camera...
my service on the phone is already discontinued but the gmail service provider still would work via a wifi connection... any ideas as to what sights i could check out for more help?
QUOTE Thanks
macabeo41

i;ve posted the picture that was sent on my iphone as my profile picture...
its oh so taunting
seeing my iphone in her hands...
someone help...
QUOTE Thanks
Lucbert

Lucbert is on a distinguished road

What are you waiting for? Go to the police, you have her email and a picture of her, if she used her real address when she set up her email account the police can find out her location and get you phone back. It is not lawful to to keep stuff someone has lost.
Wow she is really really stupid.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I'm kind of surprised how people are expected to be spoon fed every kind of help these days! Your iphone was stolen, she is using your account(which is a whole other felony!), you have a picture of her, and apparently your email too....what are you waiting for?? Go to the POLICE!!!
QUOTE Thanks
james515

james515 is an unknown at this point

you should have called ATT and reported it stolen, they can prevent the phone form being used by blocking the IMEI in the network.
QUOTE Thanks
twdcmd

twdcmd is on a distinguished road

Go to the bottom of the page on your gmail inbox and underneath the "You are currently using" section, you will see an activity line. Click details and it will give you the last few IPs and locations that accessed your gmail account. That should give you her ISP and may help find her.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone making very weird noises and sounds | Iphone upgrade »