New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Orange unveils iPhone price plans (UK)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Batman Bill

Batman Bill is on a distinguished road

I've been waiting a couple weeks for this to be announced, although they aren't as cheap as I would have liked. Well here they are. I think I'll go for the 24 month contract at £29.36pm plan. Not exactly cheap, but the reason I'm going to go for it is because I need a new phone, I need a new iPod and I could do with a camera. Also, the reason I'm going for the 24month contract is because of the slightly cheaper 32gb version at £225. The monthly charge I can handle. But the extra lump sum to pay up front for the phone would hurt me a little more. Plus my Mum will probably give me some money towards it as a Christmas present. So hopefully I'll be riding the iPhone train soon!! !!

What do you guys think? Tempting?

By the way, hope this is the right forum for it. There is a thread in the Apple rumors section. But this is more fact than rumor lol.

EDIT: There is a 750mb fair usage policy on the so-called 'unlimited' Internet browsing. I'm sure that will be enough for me, but surely certain people (especially business men) are going to need more??
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Is Orange UK the second carrier in the UK to sell iPhone?
QUOTE Thanks
Batman Bill

Yup, Vodafone will apparently be the 3rd next year.
Main reason I'm not waiting for Vodafone is because Orange and T-Mobile (another large UK network) are merging. Therefore Orange will almost certainly have the best network in the UK.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

At least you have a choice in the UK, Here your stuck with Att unless you decide to unlock.
QUOTE Thanks
Batman Bill

Well up until now you didn't have a choice. I heard AT&T suck. It made me laugh at the 3G S announcement when they announced the MMS features and how AT&T wasn't yet doing it followed by a loud sigh from the audience lol.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

I read somewhere the UK carriers are going to offer official unlocking also?
QUOTE Thanks
Batman Bill

Not heard anything about that, could be true. Personally it doesn't really bother me too much anyway as I'll be taking a 24 month contract.
QUOTE Thanks
Batman Bill

Just got off the phone from o2 (my current phones network) to ask for my PAC code to transfer my number to the new Orange contract. She asked my why I was switching networks and I said because the Orange iPhone contract is cheaper for me on there. Then she started talking bollocks about the internet browsing saying that Orange's 750mb limit will last me a week even with light usage, lol.. yeah right. I know it's not a huge ammount of data, but personally I won't need alot. It'll be more than enough to check emails and facebook, maybe download an app or something.

Also, I went to the Orange shop today and got a leaflet I have to fill out for pre-order. You have to put £60 up front for it. I'll be putting mine down tomorrow. I doubt it's the same in the bigger Orange shops but my local one said they will only be getting iPhones in for pre-orders on release day. So I guess if you go to the shop without pre-ordering one then you have no chance on November 10th. So for anyone interested in going to Orange, I suggest pre-ordering.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone AT&T plan info | Lost WiFi »