Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
    How is AT&T's coverage, honestly?
    I'd be switching from T-Mobile, which is atrocious. With T-Mobile, I barely get any service in my new apartment, university buildings/libraries, or concert venues. I'd have to pay a $200 cancellation fee so I need to know if AT&T will be any better. My service location is Cleveland, Ohio.

Irvine, CA
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Generally, AT&T is much better than T-Mobile. I'm not personally aware of what service is like in Cleveland, but if I had to venture a guess I'd say that you would definitely see an improvement over your current provider.

June 2007
    July 2009

Central California
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    You need to ask people in your area. Co-workers, friends and family. I have excellent coverage in California but I'm pretty sure that doesn't help you one bit.

Also check their website it will tell you.

AT&T Coverage Viewer
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

Get more dropped calls in Houston, when I had t-mobile I didnt have this issue

i traveled to Cleveland many times over the last 4 years on business and in downtown close to the Rock and Roll hall of fame and near the airport and in between ATT was really good.

but between Cleveland and Columbus coverage was spotty, same for between Columbus and Cincinnati, but in each of those cities the coverage was really good. it just got bad about 30 to 40 miles out of the city.

Any GSM provider in the US will have spotty coverage.
    Metropolitan areas are better, but if you live in the sticks you can more or less forget it.
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
    Used to know a girl with T-mobile sidekick, couldnt get service anywhere in any buildings in the school while i sat next to her with a "free" phone from ATT with full service, From that experience ive concluded that T-mobile's service sucks......

Chicago IL
    MacBook Pro 13.3 inch mid 09 4gb RAM 500GB HD, iPhone 8GB, 30GB ipod video, Airport Extreme
    its OK at best here in Chicago

DC Metro
    15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
    I get great coverage here in the DC area. There's one spot on the beltway where I ALWAYS drop calls, but that's about it.
    I had T-Mo here as well, and the coverage was horrendous at best. Dropped calls, no service, etc. I paid the cancellation fee willingly and happily just to be rid of them.
    15" aluminum unibody MacBook Pro, 32gb White iPhone 3GS, 160gb iPod

Modesto, Ca.
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    I agree with the above poster who said it depends on where you live. Ask people who live around you. AT&T coverage here where I am in Central California is first rate and better than most anything I have messed with, but that can to the complete reverse where you live.

I live out in the sticks in ca. And swithrd from verizon. I will say that verizon had. Little better service, AT&T has been really good so far!

Forest Hills, NYC
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Definitely depends on where you live I suppose. Even when I was living and working in New York City, coverage varied greatly. But it was never, ever all that good. Sprint was better in NYC, and Verizon pwn'd, period.

London, UK
     13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
    Not completely related to your question, but when I was in SoCal and around Phoenix, AZ during this past summer with my T-Mobile UK sim I only lost connection and had to take on AT&T for about a minute once during the journey to Phoenix. Every other time, when everybody seemed to always be complaining about not having signal with AT&T or Sprint or Verizon or T-Mobile, I had full signal the whole time with T-Mobile UK...

Just thought it was a bit strange.
     13" MacBook Air | 1.8Ghz i7 | 4GB | 256GB SSD | OS X 10.9.5 
     iPhone 5S | Gold | 32GB 

Greenville, NC
    17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
    The commercials pretty much sum up at&t's coverage nicely. I am having a hard time not dumping my at&t iPhone 3gs for verizon's droid. Verizon has a first rate network with a LOT more coverage area IMO. It is different in everyones section of the country tho.

Thread Information