New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Iphone upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eddie

eddie is on a distinguished road

Have anew I phone 3gs and upgraded th system in i tunes when it restarted it would not support the phone card I was using I have tried Turning it off and restarting etc
so i reinstalled the old system with itunes now It wont stardt and only energency call can be made. shop said that Its my fault by down loading the new system and the phone is dead and i will I have to buy a new one.
any help would be good help
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

You haven't provided any real information for us to begin to help..

Let's start with the basics, what version of the iPhone OS was running and what version did you upgrade to? What carrier are you on?

Did you get the SIM card from the shop you bought it from, and what shop? An iPhone OS upgrade should NEVER do this and if so, there has to be a way around it, you do not need to buy a new phone just for upgrading.. iPhone users (including me) do it all the time..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
patrickking04

patrickking04 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 'black'Macbook 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB Hdd, Mac OS X 10.6.1 8GB Iphone 3g

Maybe

The phone might of been jail-broken to allow him to use a sim card which the phone normally doesn't allow and the updating to the latest Firmware would of updated the baseband. So the phone will now only accept the original carrier sim cards.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

That's entirely possible..but without getting all the info, we're just guessing..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Starzz

Starzz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 13 inch, ipad 2 wifi and 3g 32g, iphone 5 black 32GB, ipod nano 4gb, ipod nano 8g

Well the same thing has happened to me today. I just upgraded my iPhone today and now can't connect to iTunes, can't sync, can't restore (which is what the guy in the Apple shop advised). I get a message saying "the sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported". I have had the same sim card since i bought the phone new. It's a 16GB with version 3.1.2 (7D11) installed. I also upgraded iTunes at the same time. The phone is working perfectly except that I can't connect to iTunes. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
Starzz

Starzz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 13 inch, ipad 2 wifi and 3g 32g, iphone 5 black 32GB, ipod nano 4gb, ipod nano 8g

Just to let everybody know, and reassure them that the problem for me wasn't with the iPhone upgrade, I bought and installed a new sim card today and everything's fine, iTunes recognises it, I can sync again. Happiness!
Hope you resolve your problem eddie!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« someone's using my lost iphone to send pictures... | iPhone won't Restore »