New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Bluetooth syncing with car

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

My 3GS is syncing just fine with my car's bluetooth. The problem is - too good.

As soon as I start the car it starts streaming music from my phone.
My first gen never did this, and I've not found a way to stop it.

I want it to auto sync with the phone - I do not want it to start playing music from the iPod portion everytime I get in the car. So how do I stop it?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Bobtomay , 1st I can't believe I am trying to answer a question from you ! Ok I called a buddy who does this he said in his car ( ford with sync) that there is a setting on the in car system labeled auto play. Claims he had the same problem untill he turned it off.

Really hope it helps
Clay
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Good tip - hadn't thought of looking there since my first iPhone didn't do this.

QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light

Armed with that info I went looking and found this :
with Bluetooth audio playing > menu button > media menu > media settings > auto play (last option) > toggles on/off

by Larry on Jul 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm

I found it at :Microsoft Ford Sync, iPhone 3.0 OS and bluetooth streaming (Sweet!) | A Rubber Door

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Well, it's definitely got to do with the Sync by MS settings.

I'm gonna have to keep looking, as soon as I turned that off, it totally turns off the bluetooth and when trying to use the phone controls says no bluetooth device found.

QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

I was hoping it would be a simple fix.

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Looks like that did fix it. Think it was just that one time, right after I turned off the autoplay that it wouldn't connect. The bluetooth was connecting just fine yesterday. Thanks clay.

QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

Glad it helped.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« anyone had any trouble with their iPhone sms? | using old iPhone 2G as an iPod Touch »