New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

3G Screen Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nixonbw

nixonbw is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone, I've got a really weird problem with my iPhone 3G running 3.1. The screen on my phone will randomly begin to flicker on/off, and there's no specific instant that causes the phone to do this, although it happens mostly when on the lock screen and/or text messaging.

What happens is basically the screen just flickers and goes black, and then I have to hit the home screen button to wake it up again. Sometimes what also happens is that it will flicker off black and I can tap the screen it will come on, if it tap the screen again it shuts off and etc....

Im guessing this is a hardware issue but I don't know has anyone else had similar problems? I haven't taken it in to get looked at yet because I know I'm past warranty
QUOTE Thanks
Ekim

Ekim is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD

Hm.. that isn't one of the highly complained about problems regarding the 3.1 software, although it's possible it is causing it. How long has this been going on, and how long have you had 3.1?

I'm most certainly not ruling out that your hardware could be defective, but 3.1 has quite a few issues
QUOTE Thanks
nixonbw

nixonbw is on a distinguished road

No, I don't think this is specifically an issue with 3.1 because I have had this problem before on 3.0 and prior. Also just so you know this happens whether my phone is jailbroken or not, same issue either way.
QUOTE Thanks
jeltekalkman

jeltekalkman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black

I'm afraid for you, that there are some loose (wires) going to your screen interface.
Also you say it mostly happens when on the lock-screen and when receiving messages, (both situations include heavy vibrating)
possibly causing the wires to disconnect. my advise is to go to your provider with this problem, cause its obviously a hardware issue

Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Place to Buy First iPhone? | Tripped Water Sensor »