New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Verizon - iPhone (i d k what topic to put this in)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nickrezendes

nickrezendes is on a distinguished road

Hey i know Verizon has CDMA network...however this summer verizon is switching to G4 new technology..

will the iphone now be able to work on verizon once they get away of CDMA?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Thread moved to more appropriate forum. Please read before posting in Rumors & Reports.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

gotham is an unknown at this point

I am thinking the same. I feel verizon might be seeing the light.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Verizon is slowly transitioning to the LTE network, which is based on the GSM standard rather than the CDMA standard. AT&T and T-Mobile are also going to be upgrading to LTE, though that move is not going to happen for many years. While one of the advantages of the LTE technology is that it is backwards compatible with current 3G technology, I somehow doubt you'll be able to easily port the existing iPhone over to the new Verizon network since LTE will be using a different frequency than what the iPhone is designed to work on. Who knows though, we'll have to wait and see when Verizon rolls it out next summer.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

I thought we just had a thread about this?

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
I thought we just had a thread about this?
We did. The idea of using the search feature is lost on many.

QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

i dont think verizon will switch to GSM or HSPDA for a while.... they DO have the money to swap, but in some areas i believe they still have the legacy 1X RTT network and on top of that the cost of making customers swap devices to get a GSM vs. a CDMA will be a hassle.

Honestly, Verizon always has their own OS they put on every device and IMO screw up and lock down the capabilities of each handset they sell. Apple and AT&T's exclusive contract is working great cause of the fact, AT&T wants the phone and doesn't care what is on the device and lets Apple do what they want pretty much.

Ive fought the Verizon battle, still have a verizon phone for work , but my iPhone through AT&T is for personal use, so im on both ends of the field and have experience with both parties.

Anyways, anything is possible, only time will tell
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone stuck on apple logo!! | iPhone hardware secrets »