Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IPhone 3GS OS3.1
    peeps, anyone here who updated their Iphone 3gs to the new OS 3.1? was their an issue?

is it okay to download and install this latest OS (3.1) even though you have not updated to OS 3.0.1?

I did not risk my phone into updating to OS 3.0.1 as I have read so many issues like the phone is dead and became a worthless brick to crashing and the likes so i did not update my OS 3.0 now a new OS was released (3.1) is it fine if i update to new version even without pasing to 3.0.1?

any advise and inputs? before i jump into udating to the latest OS?

Thank you guys in advance...

Specs:
    iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
    Yes - I did today
    I downloaded & installed 3.1 today. I had no problems and my iPhone 3Gs is working great. The download did take a little longer than I anticipated but nothing extremely long.

thanks for the info, please update me later or after you used it several times if you have encountered issues...

thanks again...

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Updated my 3G the moment it was released and haven't noticed any problems with it. I also upgraded to iTunes 9 at the same time..

Regards

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    I've noticed some lag. It sometimes seems I'll open an app and it will just lock up for 10-30 seconds and then work normally. It may just be my phone though.

Raz0rEdge, baggss, thank you very much for the nice input, i thnk I still have to wait a little while to upgrade as my current OS 3.0 is working wonderfully like what baggs said there seems to be a alg time...

though i have updated to Itunes 9, i notice a slow responce when you flip and choose between 1 app to another, unlike before when you click its there in an instant now its very slow. did you notice also? just asking..and because of this i have second thoughts yet ...

thank you again for the wonderful input guys...

The only thing that I have noticed is sometimes when I open the myspace app it gets stuck in the login screen. But thats not all the time.

i was updating to 3.1, with iTunes 9, and after the install, iTunes gave me an "error with install on iPhone" and it needed to be restored to function. i am now restoring my phone...

:-(
    2 GHz MacBook
    Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8
    8 GB iPhone 3G 3.1

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    I've noticed some lag. It sometimes seems I'll open an app and it will just lock up for 10-30 seconds and then work normally. It may just be my phone though.
    I've seen that complaint over at macrumors; 3.1 leading to unresponsive device - Mac Forums
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by dwb356 View Post
    i was updating to 3.1, with iTunes 9, and after the install, iTunes gave me an "error with install on iPhone" and it needed to be restored to function. i am now restoring my phone...

:-(
    oh thats BAD the more reason for me not to update to 3.1 yet....im an apple idiot as i spend half my lire with windows os and its just recently (january 09) i bought my macbook pro so in cases of problems id be totally clueless...

thanks for the info now i have to wait further before updating although everytime i sync the phone, a notice always pop informing me to update to 3.1 i just cancell it everytime...

Quote Originally Posted by xstep View Post
    I've seen that complaint over at macrumors; 3.1 leading to unresponsive device - Mac Forums
    Thank you very much buddy for the links, i read all the complaints of those affected and it freaks me out! i now fear what will happen to my phone when i update it to 3.1 ...

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by xstep View Post
    To be fair, I did a hard reset of my phone yesterday and it crashed. When I say crashed I mean it sat on the Black/White Apple screen for almost 15 min. When it finally came back on it worked fine. All the lagging is gone, texting is fine, Apps work well and it hasn't lagged/locked up since.

I have no idea why though...

thats good to hear bud, maybe the phone need a reset upon updating? ...

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by ayeng98 View Post
    thats good to hear bud, maybe the phone need a reset upon updating? ...
    The phone automatically resets upon updating. I think the recovery from the crash is what helped me.

Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    I just did the update myself today. The only issue I have noted (and I see other folks online complaining about this) is that the keyclick volume on the keyboard is dramatically reduced, and there does not seem to be any way to get it back to its original volume. Neither the soft nor the hard volume controls seem to have any impact on it. I am sure that it is a bug, and will be corrected in the inevitable next release.

Or, perhaps like the awful, awful glaringly WHITE background on iTunes 9, it is Apple's intent to reduce the volume of keyboard clicks? I sure hope not!
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

Thread Information