New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Different Sim Detected?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

greggles

greggles is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb

I bought the 3g iPhone on it's UK launch and gave my original iPhone to my wife, after swapping the SIM cards over, and all was fine. When the 3gs came out, I gave my wife the 3g and again swapped out he SIMs. The problem is, on four occasions since the, an error message has appeared on her iPhone "Wrong SIM detected - please connect to iTunes". Once verified on iTunes, the 3gworks fine again - until the next time the message appears - usually at the most inconvenient moment!

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how to correct it?

NB after the 3rd time I did a full factory reset on the 3g, but this obviously did not do the trick?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

?? - Still have the original iPhone here. I'd give the carrier a call. Surely they would know if there is some incompatibility between the sims in the two phones.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cost-effectiveness | explosive iphones is it true? »