New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

explosive iphones is it true?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alfonso.ojeda

alfonso.ojeda is on a distinguished road

i saw an article of a boy unlocking the iphone exploted heres the pik

i wonder if its true
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Scare mongering, plain and simple.

Any device that uses a Lithium Ion battery is subject to this, but it happens in less than 1% of devices. And environmental conditions have a lot to do with it too.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I've had mine for 13 months now and it hasn't blown up on me.

QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

Lol I like the part where they tie jailbreaking with blowing up iphones
QUOTE Thanks
macpwns

macpwns has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonso.ojeda View Post

i wonder if its true

Apparently it actually is happening but the occurences are "isolated"

Full article Here
QUOTE Thanks
Thekris1234

Thekris1234 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13" Standard Spec. iPhone 4 16GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonso.ojeda View Post

i wonder if its true
This is very rare and it also happened to someones ipod touch, but Apple told them they would only supply a refund if the owners kept quiet about it.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekris1234 View Post
This is very rare and it also happened to someones ipod touch, but Apple told them they would only supply a refund if the owners kept quiet about it.
Why do you think that is? It must be evil Apple trying to do a cover up, right?

In reality, it is well known that based on battery chemistry alone, any device with a rechargeable battery is subject to occasional issues like this - and it can be aggravated by the environment the machine is used in (i.e. leaving the device in a hot, humid car). This is why electronics manufacturers have warnings in manuals that people often ignore. Despite that, these kinds of problems happen in less than a fraction of 1% of devices, but you'll never see a reporter say that or try to imply wrong-doing on the part of the victim.

Unfortunately, when there are dramatic photos like this one, especially regarding a well-known and well-loved device, it makes for a compelling story - even though there isn't much of a story to tell. It certainly gets page hits or attracts TV viewers who catch a blurb on a teaser ad for the nightly news.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Different Sim Detected? | Keyboard for iPhone 3Gs »