08-18-2009, 01:01 PM #1
- Member Since
- Oct 05, 2007
Pardon me if there is a thread specifically for what I am about to say, but after doing some searches, there were a plethora of results due to the keywords being so common.
1. For those of you who bought your iPhone via (eBay or some other third party site), after you jailbroke the phone did you simply add an unlimited data plan to your already existing AT&T plan?
2. How much do you save a year by just making that large upfront purchase of the phone, while not having to submit to the 2yr contract? (I know you can purchase the phone without the contract, but I assume it is cheaper to purchase the phone via third party.)
3. Is it very easy to simply add the data plan to your already existing account without there being an interrogation of questions as to why you want it? ( I say this because I can only guess that AT&T is aware of people simply purchasing the iPhone and skipping the contract).
My information concerning the phone plans in relation to simply buying the phone is very limited due to the inconsistencies many sites have. If I said anything incorrect in the above statements, please correct me.
Thank you for your time
08-19-2009, 11:35 PM #2
1. You can add the unlimited data plan to an at&t contract currently existing.
2. The price difference varies on which iPhone you get. Say you get a 16GB 3GS, the outright price is 600 dollars. The lowest priced iPhone plan is 70 dollars a month. Therefore, the cost of the phone outright would be shadowed by the cost of the month to month (at it's cheapest rate) by 9 months in.
3. Adding the data plan shouldn't be an issue. If they give you any static or questions, all you have to tell them is that you bought an unlocked phone that at&t doesn't carry, like anything from Europe or even an unlocked T Mobile phone. They can't deny you an unlimited data plan if you tell them you have a phone that they don't offer. If you mention you have an iPhone, you essentially dig yourself a hole with them because the only data plan they will offer at that point is the iPhone plan, nothing more and nothing less.
I hope that helps, and good luck to you.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By goleafsgo in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 9Last Post: 10-24-2012, 07:36 AM
By ImageJPEG in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-07-2012, 11:44 PM
By j0nb0y32 in forum Schweb's LoungeReplies: 22Last Post: 02-17-2012, 08:10 AM
By cka_mike in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 5Last Post: 01-02-2012, 10:44 AM
By oldnews in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 20Last Post: 12-03-2004, 12:12 AM