New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

What sort of case do you have on your iPhone and why?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DB2k

DB2k will become famous soon enough

Hi

I have a soft case on my iPod Touch, was thinking about getting similar for my 3GS but a friend has a hard case and it made me wonder what other people have and why?

Also, does the 3GS need a screen protector, or is better without?

thanks
Dave

--
27" quad core metal iMac and a metal macbook and a plastic terrabyte time capsule and a 32GB iPod Touch 3rd gen and a nano somewhere and a classic ipod in the car and one of the ickle shuffle things, and an iPhone4.
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

gotham is an unknown at this point

Soft rubber case because it does not slide around in the car
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

I have a Griffin Tech Clarifi. Awesome case, really helps with the close up photos too.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
iLaw

iLaw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS

Incase Slider Case. Great color matching white on white. Fits snug and great protection.

iLaw
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010) + White 32GB Rogers iPhone 3GS
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, Intel HD/512 MB GeForce 330M Graphics, Hi-Res 15" Glossy Screen, Mac OS X v10.6
QUOTE Thanks
DB2k

thanks all

I'm starting to lean towards a hard case. I have a neoprene one on my touch and it does gather dust, but does protect it nicely. Just a bit concerned about the additional bulk of a hard case.

--
27" quad core metal iMac and a metal macbook and a plastic terrabyte time capsule and a 32GB iPod Touch 3rd gen and a nano somewhere and a classic ipod in the car and one of the ickle shuffle things, and an iPhone4.
QUOTE Thanks
Doppler808

Doppler808 is on a distinguished road

I have both... Well kinda...

Bodyguardz full body
CapsuleNeo (hardcase/softcase)
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

i have an incase slider with a matte black finish b/c i like the way if fits and with the finish it does not become slippery when i have to get a new case i will get the same one.

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
DB2k

ok - quite fancied the Griffin tech clarifi but am not 100% convinced on its protection, so I've gone for a Switcheasy CapsuleRebel in safe but boring black
Welcome to SwitchEasy

thanks all

--
QUOTE Thanks
Corato

Corato is on a distinguished road

Speck Products, Candyshell i think they call it. Soft inside hard outside

Corato Blog - Macbook Pro 2011 15" 240GB OCZ Vertex4 + Corsair 240GB, Optibay, - iPhone 4s - Synology 207+NAS
QUOTE Thanks
d3bruts1d

d3bruts1d is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini - C2D 1.83GHz, 2GB, 320G HDD

My 1st gen iPhone I had a Speck ArmorSkin. I wanted to protect my $500 investment, and that did a heck of a job. The clip/stand could be used to protect the screen and the case itself did a great job protecting it when I dropped it, which did happen a few times.

When I upgraded to the 3GS, I initially got the Speck ToughSkin which was basically the same case... however the TouchSkin was considerably bulkier than the ArmorSkin, and I didn't care much for it.

Right now I'm using a Incase slider and like it. Though I wish the case stayed together a bit better.

d 3 b r u t s 1 d
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I currently have this Belkin silicone case.

I like it because of the color (black/red), it's got a lot of girth to it, so I know if I drop it, it'll just bounce and my phone will be safe.

And lastly, it has great lay-on-the-table design. So no matter which way it lays down, I know my screen will not even come into contact with the surface it's laying on.

The only thing I hate about silicon cases, is that they are not "pocket-friendly." They get lint stuck to them and since they are rubber, the insides of my pockets get stuck to it and end up turning it inside out. It can be quite difficult sometimes to fish it out of a pocket when you're in a rush.

The next case I'm going to try is this one by Case-Mate.

I'm a sucker for carbon fiber, and despite this case's $80 price tag (for both holster and case), I think this one has a very sexy, yet executive look to it.

It's leather, and is textured. It shimmers so brightly from across the room. After seeing some YouTube unboxings of this case, the phone doesn't budge while it's inside. The fit/finish is superb with no sharp edges or bad seams.

The only thing I'm not going to like about it, is the fact that the top end is completely exposed (to allow the phone to slide in and access to the buttons/ports).
QUOTE Thanks
jrichard012

jrichard012 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP and iMac; 2 iPhones 4G; 2 iPADS.

I have a hard case by JAVOedge. It has a tacky feel and is not at all bulky. Its tacky feel makes it easier to hold on to and the design doesn't' hinder thumb typing. It has a hole on the back so the Apple logo is visible. Something that was a plus for me. I also have the same company's leather clip on belt holster. I just got this after the one from Marvel (sp?) ripped. Both are well made and not at all expensive.
QUOTE Thanks
egglestn

egglestn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 24" Iphone 3GS

I have a Piel Frama leather case Piel Frama because I think it looks really nice, but also use the invisible shield to protect the screen invisibleSHIELD | because I am paranoid about breakages... Belt and Braces? That'll be me then sir
QUOTE Thanks
The Apple

The Apple is on a distinguished road

At the moment I am using the iFrogz Luxe. It has a velvet lining. I have it in orange. I currently have it on my phone because it is very easy to install.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Always been an inCase slider fan since the orginal iPhone. But just got a new 3g relacement ( best buy service plan ) and am just loving the naked iPhone ! I know I need to put it back in a case but.....it's so smooth and sexy like this

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone Water Damage Replacement ? | Question re: iPhone and e-mail (potential buyer here) ... »