Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
    Disappointing iPhone 3G S battery life
    I have been using my new 3G S for just over a week now, and had decided to put it through a few full charges before I started to ask about other users' experience with its battery life. I have WiFi, Bluetooth and 3G turned off in settings, and yet the 3G S's battery life is very disappointing. After fifteen minutes of listening to music or a short while checking email/surfing in Safari, the battery level lowers visibly and quite considerably.

I've contacted my network (O2 UK) who told me to try restoring the iPhone before requesting a replacement. I'll try that but I doubt it'll make much difference. Apparently I can ask for a swap for a new handset up to 28 days after purchase. I just wondered if anyone else has had this sort of experience with the new iPhone. My first generation handset had a much more impressive battery life and I wasn't doing anything differently with it.

Really pleased with the 3G S on the whole but if this sort of performance is standard I don't think I can be doing with it. With what I'd call quite minimal usage the charge doesn't even last the day.

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    Exchange it. I get a full day out of mine with heavy usage. On a day with light usage, it still has at least half a charge left.

Here are the settings I have which could relate to battery drain.

My screen brightness is set at about 60%. Auto-brightness on. Bluetooth off. WiFi always on. Email is set to push, with fetch set for 15 minutes. Autolock is set at 1 minute.

Listening to music with the screen off should not have that much affect on the battery life.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    The 3.0 software seems to have really reduced my battery life on my first gen, so I'm hoping we'll see quite a bit of an improvement when 3.1 hits.

Specs:
    15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
    I get more than a day with pretty heavy usage on these specs:

WiFi ON
    Bluetooth ON
    3G OFF
    Push OFF
    Fetch: 15 minutes
    Auto Brightness: ON
    MacBook Air Unibody Core i5 1.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, iPhone 4S 32 GB White

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
    I listened to music for 6 hours straight and text a bunch and also made a few 10 min phone calls qnd I was at about half but my wifi was not on
    Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini

Specs:
    Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
    I have WiFi on, 3G on, listen to music most of the day at work, text, Facebook, and make a phone call here and there, and usually by the end of the day I'm around 30% or 40%. That's just how smartphones are. Blackberries, Palms, and Blackjacks/Jacks all suck battery life really fast too.
    Black MacBook
    Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
    B&W G3
    G4's - PowerMac & Cube

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    That's just how smartphones are. Blackberries, Palms, and Blackjacks/Jacks all suck battery life really fast too.
    this is so true.. i had a BB Storm and it was the same way if i was on it all day.
    Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini

Thread Information