New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

using Belkin and other docks with iphone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sueoz

sueoz is on a distinguished road

Hi - my daughter and son-in-law just bought iphones and are figuring things out. My son-in-law has been using a Belkin in the car with his ipod and tried to use his iphone. It came up with a thing saying he couldn't do it unless he was in airplane mode. The trouble with this is you can't receive calls in that mode. Is there some way around this?

Also they tried it on my Bose docking station and the same thing came up.

Sue
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

i just tried to search for it.. and i could not find anything.. i am sorry.. maybe someone else can find something. i hope they do b/c i am getting my phone tomorrow and i run it in my car as well..

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis has a spectacular aura about

I believe the "airplane mode" warning just means you can expect audio interference from the iPhone's phone and data network when you are playing music in that dock. A "true" iPhone dock has circuitry to avoid this -- some aftermarket stuff does, some doesn't and apparently the "works with" designation doesn't really tell you whether it will or won't.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

When it pops up asking if you want to use Airplane mode, just select NO.

It will still play music on all the devices I've tried (maybe a dozen or so), it just will not charge with that device.

For an adapter that you can use in the Bose docking station to be able to charge your iPhone - grab this.

The newer iPods and iPhones only charge via the USB pins. Many of the older docks charged only via the FireWire pins. The older iPods will charge via USB or FireWire, so they will still charge on any of the newer docks.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video Playing | Connect iphone 3GS to TV »