Question using Belkin and other docks with iphone
    Hi - my daughter and son-in-law just bought iphones and are figuring things out. My son-in-law has been using a Belkin in the car with his ipod and tried to use his iphone. It came up with a thing saying he couldn't do it unless he was in airplane mode. The trouble with this is you can't receive calls in that mode. Is there some way around this?

Also they tried it on my Bose docking station and the same thing came up.

27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
    i just tried to search for it.. and i could not find anything.. i am sorry.. maybe someone else can find something. i hope they do b/c i am getting my phone tomorrow and i run it in my car as well..
    Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini

I believe the "airplane mode" warning just means you can expect audio interference from the iPhone's phone and data network when you are playing music in that dock. A "true" iPhone dock has circuitry to avoid this -- some aftermarket stuff does, some doesn't and apparently the "works with" designation doesn't really tell you whether it will or won't.

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    When it pops up asking if you want to use Airplane mode, just select NO.

It will still play music on all the devices I've tried (maybe a dozen or so), it just will not charge with that device.

For an adapter that you can use in the Bose docking station to be able to charge your iPhone - grab this.

The newer iPods and iPhones only charge via the USB pins. Many of the older docks charged only via the FireWire pins. The older iPods will charge via USB or FireWire, so they will still charge on any of the newer docks.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information