New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Porting my cellphone number

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

looodedooo

looodedooo is on a distinguished road

I have a phone with T-Mobile but I want to buy an iPhone and I want to keep my old number. The problem is that my old number is from a geographical location that I no longer live in. I've had this number for a very long time and a lot of places that I'm associated with have my number so I really don't want to get rid of it. But AT&T will not port my number since I'm not currently in my old location. Does anyone know a way around this? There HAS to be someone out there that has experienced the same problem.

I've been waiting for a 32 GB iPhone for a long time but this portability issue is throwing a wrench into everything.

Thanks in advance!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis has a spectacular aura about

do it online or over the phone and tell them you're still at your old location?
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

I live in Florida, but lost my phone on the train in Chicago. I went to a Chicago store and had no problems getting a new phone with my Florida number...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting to 3G Networks - iPhone 3G vs. iPhone 3GS | I Bought into the Hype of this iPhone Case & it Totally Sucks »