New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

The Back on the 3G S

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jasonh2015

jasonh2015 is on a distinguished road

I've noticed on the Apple website it says the wording isn't on the back. Just the iPhone and the GB size.

Not sure if its just in Europe, but the wording is still on the back?
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

Mine has got the Apple Logo, iPhone, size, designed by Apple and then the FCC stuff.

UK iPhone.
QUOTE Thanks
iLaw

iLaw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS

Here are pictures of the back of my 32 White iPhone 3GS, from Rogers in Canada.

iLaw
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010) + White 32GB Rogers iPhone 3GS
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, Intel HD/512 MB GeForce 330M Graphics, Hi-Res 15" Glossy Screen, Mac OS X v10.6
QUOTE Thanks
joec1101

joec1101 is on a distinguished road

No, it doesn't say "3GS" here in the U.S. either - just gb size - it looks just like a 3g. Really the only way you can tell is to see if it has the compass app or open up the camera to see if the little slider control in the lower right corner exists.

It's noticeably faster too!
QUOTE Thanks
jasonh2015

jasonh2015 is on a distinguished road

But does it have the info on the back like on iLaw's iPhone?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh2015 View Post
I've noticed on the Apple website it says the wording isn't on the back. Just the iPhone and the GB size.
Where do you see this?

I don't think that's the case because I would imagine that Apple has to put that information on the back. For example, the FCC info is irrelevant to me as a Canadian but it's still included on the phones sold here. Therefore, there must be a reason it's included. Apple must have some obligation under U.S. law (lawyers, please correct me if I am wrong) to include this information on their phones.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
ratedr75

ratedr75 is on a distinguished road

For some God forsaken reason, even mine over here in the UK has an FCC number. Something very strange going on here.

Both The Angels And The Devil Have Dibs On My Soul!

QUOTE Thanks
iLaw

iLaw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS

Not to put water on this fire, but most people have a case on their iPhone anyways =P

So FCC letters or not, my phone is in the Incase Slider Case. No one can see them. I took it out of the case to snap the above shots.

iLaw
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010) + White 32GB Rogers iPhone 3GS
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, Intel HD/512 MB GeForce 330M Graphics, Hi-Res 15" Glossy Screen, Mac OS X v10.6
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLaw View Post
Not to put water on this fire, but most people have a case on their iPhone anyways =P
Good point.

I have to ask, why is this relevant?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What Accessories do you have for your iPhone? | Are You Disappointed with the 3G S »