New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Anyone having the "HOME" button stick?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Notopi

Notopi is on a distinguished road

For some reason on my iPhone it takes an arm to press down the "HOME" button to exit out of an app or message.

Just wanting to know if anyone else is having the same problem?

Should I contact apple and get a replacement? Or....?
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I would certainly take it to Apple.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
roffir

roffir will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4

I have that but its not hard to press it just makes like a clicking sound. It's a little harder to press and it's definitely sticking. I would take yours to apple provided you have apple care/warranty left.
QUOTE Thanks
MC˛

MC˛ is on a distinguished road

I have seen three things cause this software, corroded connectors, and a bad home ribbon. You can always do a backup and restore on the phone I have seen it fix this issue and it is free and easy. If that does not work open the case and clean the connectors and the board underneath the home button another easy free option. If you are out of warranty you can replace the home button ribbon but it can be a pain if you are not familiar with the repair. There are some good tutorials out there if you want to go that route.

If you have questions PM me and I can help walk you thru it. If you dont want to fool with it and Apple wont help send it to me I own an iPhone repair company. MC2 iPhone Repair Birmingham, AL

Visit my iPhone repair site http://mc2iphone.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone's LCD | iPhone 3g problem. Phone or service? »