New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone Silent/Mute Switch Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

philiprussell87

philiprussell87 is on a distinguished road

On my iphone the switch to activate silence mode is broken, we pushing it back into silence mode nothing happens, you have to pull it forward in order to make it activate silent mode. This is half way been the two and of course will not stay in that position. This makes it impossible for me to activate the silent mode on my phone.

Having taken it back to the store and it being sent away, the retailer is citing "water damage" as the reason it no longer works and advise me it is not covered under warrenty. I do not believe it is water damage, it has never come into contact with water!

Any ideas chaps? Your advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
JayRob

JayRob is on a distinguished road

hmm, had the same problem on my 1st gen iphone were the switch was completely broken and would not stay in position. Also it was never in contact with any water either but dropping it is what did it for me i guess.
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

Was it Apple that said they wont repair it? If not I would give them a ring.

And if Apple wont fix it, check out ifixit.com they carry the parts to repair the switch yourself.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 3G Dock: $50 on Apple, $8 on Ebay | iPhone chrome and black part not sitting right. »