New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Clear screen covers for the iPhone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billwill

billwill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi/4G iPad, 32GB iPhone 5

Is anyone using the clear covers that go on the iPhone screen? If so, do they work well? They're $10 for 3... I'm wondering how long they last with normal use. TIA.
QUOTE Thanks
podraig

podraig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G

I am still operating with one stuck on six months ago.....no sign of bubbling or wear yet

Mac is like a car, keep clean and up to date and it will give you many hours of good driving
QUOTE Thanks
odenkun

odenkun is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 5

I think a protective cover is a 'must' item for the iPhone users... when I purchased my iPhone at the local AT&T store, the sales rep strongly recommended the cover and he was right. The one I got at the store was from CaseMate and it worked well. They are almost exactly the same size of the screen so the installation requires an extremely careful attention. Otherwise, the edge may be off from the corner which will later collect fine dust. The other one is from Power Support and these covers are slightly smaller than the actual screen and it fits perfect. Nothing hangs out from the edge. The cover from CaseMate would have lasted more than a few months if the edge did not collect dust.
QUOTE Thanks
ExTra

ExTra is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Power Book G4 10.5.5

Just got my iphoen on sat, woooo hooooo!!! Bought the "anti-glare film set" from POWER SUPPORT in the Apple Store, very good quality, it comes with 2 in a pack for a tenner (UK pounds), bit pricey, but seem good quality, quite thick but does not affect the sensitivity of the screen. And what I particularly like about it is that is of a matte finish, so no finger prints left whatsoever (mayber one or two). The best screen protector I have used so far on all phones.
QUOTE Thanks
pixeldamage

pixeldamage is on a distinguished road

I was at my local mall and got my phone covered at an Invisishield kiosk. Best investment I've made for it.
QUOTE Thanks
aggie97

aggie97 will become famous soon enough

The sales rep at the AT&T store where I bought my iphone told me they weren't necessary. she got a pair of scissors and jabbed the display phone several times. I was amazed that it didn't even scratch or damage the screen. Saying that, I still use a phone cover from iSkin.
QUOTE Thanks
socalisurfing

socalisurfing is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G

I would strongly recommend an invisible shield. The shields are scratch proof on top of scratch proofing your phone. Great investment for around $15. I have had them on all my iPods and iPhone and they are all still in mint condition.

Once you go Mac you'll never go back.
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalisurfing View Post
I would strongly recommend an invisible shield. The shields are scratch proof on top of scratch proofing your phone. Great investment for around $15. I have had them on all my iPods and iPhone and they are all still in mint condition.
Agreed on the screen part, however I am already on my 2nd full body shield for my iphone, they keep peeling off on the corners. And its sure isnt from installation inexperience since I have installed dozens of them on various devices with out any problems
QUOTE Thanks
socalisurfing

socalisurfing is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxian View Post
Agreed on the screen part, however I am already on my 2nd full body shield for my iphone, they keep peeling off on the corners. And its sure isnt from installation inexperience since I have installed dozens of them on various devices with out any problems
Agreed... ha ha I've been a little frustrated with the corners... and have also installed quite a few. But i prefer it over some bulky case.

Once you go Mac you'll never go back.
QUOTE Thanks
SSonia

SSonia is on a distinguished road

I also agree that cover and screen protector are necessary. I prefer a hard cover and got one from DealSniper. I love my case. Itís fabulous. It matches my style. It doesnít make my iPhone bulky and is tough enough. The site sells at reasonable price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040059 .jpg (277.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1040064 .jpg (219.5 KB, 12 views)
QUOTE Thanks
wattwatt

wattwatt is on a distinguished road

You will def need one of the screen covers other wise the screen will get marked so quickly! I would also say get a full case for it as i found the whole phone gets marks easily!

i've just got the hard 'incase' slider case which i feel is best one i've had!
QUOTE Thanks
SSonia

SSonia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattwatt View Post
You will def need one of the screen covers other wise the screen will get marked so quickly! I would also say get a full case for it as i found the whole phone gets marks easily!

i've just got the hard 'incase' slider case which i feel is best one i've had!
Right. The screen is always full of finger print. I have just order a mirror screen protector from the site DealSniper.com. Hope it will arrive soon.

I have thought of full case, but it seems too bulky. I love my red Amano case, as itís slim.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 2G or 3G: Case? | PAYG iphone with a contract SIM in the UK »