Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    MrChris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 27, 2004
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    445
    Specs:
    20" iMac | iPhone 4
    Finally, an MMS App for the iPhone!
    Hey guys & girls,

    Not sure if this has been posted yet but I was browsing the App store the other night and came across a nice little app that finally let's all of us iPhone users view & send (the app is free and it's free to receive MMS', although sending is at an additional charge) Multimedia Messages!

    The current app seems to be for O2 customers only I think, but for the ability to view MMS's alone its gold dust!

    I never really got many MMS messages before I had an iPhone but for some reason since getting one people seem to be sending them!

    Anyways, just thought I would share it with you:

    MMS App for iPhone

    Chris

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Aug 20, 2005
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    739
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
    Sometimes I think the iPhone is a joke... cost money to send a MMS message, while everyother carrier offers unlimited for a small fee. But that is my 2c.

  3. #3

    MrChris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 27, 2004
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    445
    Specs:
    20" iMac | iPhone 4
    Just realized I posted this in the wrong section (sorry), could a moderator move it please.

    Thanks

  4. #4

    DB2k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 08, 2007
    Location
    Berkshire, England
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by JGruber View Post
    Sometimes I think the iPhone is a joke... cost money to send a MMS message, while everyother carrier offers unlimited for a small fee. But that is my 2c.
    uh.. not in every country.. the world doesn't end on your doorstep fella.

    In the UK they cost around 25p each. Many (possibly all!) networks dont even offer bundles with them included.

  5. #5

    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,311
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChris View Post
    Hey guys & girls,

    Not sure if this has been posted yet but I was browsing the App store the other night and came across a nice little app that finally let's all of us iPhone users view & send (the app is free and it's free to receive MMS', although sending is at an additional charge) Multimedia Messages!

    The current app seems to be for O2 customers only I think, but for the ability to view MMS's alone its gold dust!

    I never really got many MMS messages before I had an iPhone but for some reason since getting one people seem to be sending them!

    Anyways, just thought I would share it with you:

    MMS App for iPhone

    Chris
    I saw this elsewhere. Unfortunately, it is only available from the UK iTunes store.


  6. #6

    Eric559's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,185
    Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGruber View Post
    Sometimes I think the iPhone is a joke... cost money to send a MMS message, while everyother carrier offers unlimited for a small fee. But that is my 2c.
    What are you talking about?

    It would cost me money to send a MMS on my Samsung too. It's not just the iPhone. ATT does offer unlimited messaging as well.
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Aug 20, 2005
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    739
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
    Quote Originally Posted by DB2k View Post
    uh.. not in every country.. the world doesn't end on your doorstep fella.

    In the UK they cost around 25p each. Many (possibly all!) networks dont even offer bundles with them included.
    Never said it did... ATT plan's in general is a total rip.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
    What are you talking about?

    It would cost me money to send a MMS on my Samsung too. It's not just the iPhone. ATT does offer unlimited messaging as well.
    That is ATT for you... I don't and haven't ever paid for any type of messaging, I have Sprint as I get a huge discount for working for my local School District.

    I looked at the iPhone for my wife and I, but to have to pay for everything, it's just dumb. But that is my personal opinion.

  8. #8

    Eric559's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,185
    Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGruber View Post
    Never said it did... ATT plan's in general is a total rip.



    That is ATT for you... I don't and haven't ever paid for any type of messaging, I have Sprint as I get a huge discount for working for my local School District.
    and Verizon, and T-Mobile, and AllTel and almost any other service provider. Unless your talking about Sprint's "Everything" plan if that is so then all the other providers have one also. Used to have Sprint before and I had to pay more for messaging and even more if I wanted night and weekends.
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

  9. #9


    Member Since
    Aug 20, 2005
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    739
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
    and Verizon, and T-Mobile, and AllTel and almost any other service provider. Unless your talking about Sprint's "Everything" plan if that is so then all the other providers have one also. Used to have Sprint before and I had to pay more for messaging and even more if I wanted night and weekends.
    This is true, and we do a 'Everything Plan'. I just don't like having to pay extra for the 'iPhone' specific plan details, Base Plan, specific data plan, specific iPhone text messaging, and no mms capability's.

    Again, that is just my opinion.

  10. #10

    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,311
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by JGruber View Post
    This is true, and we do a 'Everything Plan'. I just don't like having to pay extra for the 'iPhone' specific plan details, Base Plan, specific data plan, specific iPhone text messaging, and no mms capability's.

    Again, that is just my opinion.
    It sounds to me like you have not done your homework. It's great that you get a "huge discount" because of your job, but don't compare that with a standard iPhone AT&T package.


  11. #11


    Member Since
    Aug 20, 2005
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    739
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
    I didn't compare it to a standard plan. I Went to an ATT store, and told them what I wanted, asked if I get a discount, and compared the plans. ATT was well over $75 more then I was paying now, with less features.

  12. #12

    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,311
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by JGruber View Post
    I didn't compare it to a standard plan. I Went to an ATT store, and told them what I wanted, asked if I get a discount, and compared the plans. ATT was well over $75 more then I was paying now, with less features.
    You just said you compared AT&T with what you are paying now. Isn't that comparing AT&T with your "huge" discount?


  13. #13


    Member Since
    Aug 20, 2005
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    739
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    You just said you compared AT&T with what you are paying now. Isn't that comparing AT&T with your "huge" discount?
    Even without it the discount, it's still a lot more expensive. ATT offers a discount, but only 10%. Sprint gives me 20%.

  14. #14

    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,311
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by JGruber View Post
    Even without it the discount, it's still a lot more expensive. ATT offers a discount, but only 10%. Sprint gives me 20%.
    Then I guess the iPhone isn't for you.


  15. #15


    Member Since
    Jan 16, 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    10
    i wish someone would port this to the us store..or at least for cydia >

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 2G/EDGE MMS?
    By Kevin6432 in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 09:51 PM
  2. iPhone has MMS but not sending
    By LogicBox in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 09:18 PM
  3. iphone mms
    By deathcloud in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 10:54 PM
  4. best mms app in the app store
    By macwannabe in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 10:24 PM
  5. MMS for the iPhone
    By j21m2293 in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •