iphone 2g touch screen problem
    hey guys, i am currently experiencing a little problem with my iphone 2g. i just got it about a week ago as a gift and had it updated to v2.1. the problem now is that sometimes/most of the time, when i turn on my iphone to read a new message or use it (clicking the power button or the home button), the touch panel is not responsive when it asks me to SLIDE TO UNLOCK. sometimes while im using my iphone while typing a message, playing games, or listening to music, the screen does not work and i cant select anything although the icons are still there. what i do is turn it off, and turn it on again to make it work (but not completely power off). sometimes, i have to do the proccess twice in order for it to work. i hope you guys can help me. hope it's nothing serious. thanks guys!

if i RESET ALL SETTINGS and ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS using my iphone, will my phone be unjailbroken and lose cydia?

Specs:
    2.0 uni
    Quote Originally Posted by bujeaux010 View Post
    if i RESET ALL SETTINGS and ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS using my iphone, will my phone be unjailbroken and lose cydia?
    yes you will have to jB it again.

unfortunately i am in the same boat. When i receive a text message, sometimes the screen is unresponsive but a tap on the lock button twice then it works! looks like a software bug.

i hope its just a software problem and not a hardware problem.

Specs:
    iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
    I've noticed when I wake up my iPhone, on occasion (19 out of 20 times?) the slider is unresponsive for about 1 or 2 seconds, I wait a sec and try again and it unlocks just fine. Hasn't been a big issue for me. If this is the only side effect of being Jailbroken (that I've noticed since having done the JB over two months ago) I have no problem living with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bujeaux010 View Post
    hey guys, i am currently experiencing a little problem with my iphone 2g. i just got it about a week ago as a gift and had it updated to v2.1. the problem now is that sometimes/most of the time, when i turn on my iphone to read a new message or use it (clicking the power button or the home button), the touch panel is not responsive when it asks me to SLIDE TO UNLOCK. sometimes while im using my iphone while typing a message, playing games, or listening to music, the screen does not work and i cant select anything although the icons are still there. what i do is turn it off, and turn it on again to make it work (but not completely power off). sometimes, i have to do the proccess twice in order for it to work. i hope you guys can help me. hope it's nothing serious. thanks guys!
    I had the same problem. My phone was 14 months old and suddenly it quit responding. The control buttons worked but the touch screen was all but dead. I went to the Apple store and they explained the problem as a flaw in the "touch screen to glass" laminating process. They replaced the phone with a new 2G on the spot, no waiting, no $29 rental and ship it out for repair.
    I walked out 30 minutes later with a new 2G very impressed with the service I received.

Thread Information