New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Where do you keep your bluetooth headset?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TrishOB

TrishOB is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D

For those of you with iPhones who use a wireless bluetooth headset, where do you keep it when you're not talking on the phone? I have a friend who has one that he wears all the time even when he's not on the phone. I'd rather not do that, because I think he looks ridiculous wearing it.

I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm wondering what people do with them when not in use. Do you keep it in your pocket? Do you have a case for it (do they usually come with their own case? Or do you wear it all the time like my friend does?

Trish in Central Florida
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel C2D
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Mine stays in my car. The only time its not sitting in the glove box/cupholder is when I'm using it, and then it goes right back. Dad wears his all the time, and I yell at him every time he leaves the car with it, because he looks like a moron.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i have no bluetooth headset for any phone.

i'll save my feelings about their use, lest i stir up lots of trouble.

i do think that wearing them while not in use = unbelievably uncool.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Cup holder in truck the only time I use one and occasional job site if we are
trouble shooting structured wiring.
QUOTE Thanks
The Lump

The Lump is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external

why do folks think a bluetooth headset looks so bad? it looks a lot more sophisticated than a corded earpiece.

i dont have an iphone (lord knows i'll never be able to afford one), but when i had my last phone, a nokia, i had a bluetooth headset. if i left the house, i had the headset on. i didnt put it on and take it off with each call. that kind of defeats part of the purpose. my headset rang when the phone rang. all i had to do was reach to my ear and push a button. call answered. push same button. call done. beat the lights outta always putting it on and taking it out.

but then again i do a lot of manual labor for a living. nothing worse than wasting time on trivial things like that.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I have mine sitting on my desk. I use it only so that I can continue using both hands, plus I really don't like holding a phone up to my face for extended periods of time. I never take it with me in the car since I drive like four miles total during the week and usually have people drive me around when we go out on the weekend.

The only time I have a problem with people wearing their headsets is when they're in a situation where they shouldn't be wearing one, such as in a restaurant or during religious services. At that point you're committing social faux pas and of course, you look like an idiot.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Stephen

Stephen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13", 4gb, 500gb, 2.26 Duo. White iPhone 5, White iPad Mini 32gb

just in the car clipped to my sun visor!
QUOTE Thanks
synkow

synkow is on a distinguished road

in my pocket or on my car dash
QUOTE Thanks
ballskeet

ballskeet is on a distinguished road

same either in my pocket or in my door
QUOTE Thanks
Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis has a spectacular aura about

I use my Jawbone only in the car so I can do the "handsfree" thing -- an easy way to talk and drive. When not in use it's in the cupholder.
QUOTE Thanks
bakjax

bakjax is on a distinguished road

in a bakjax! bakjax.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transferring from Windows to Mac | 16 gig iPhone 3gs taking a long time to boot up »