New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone POP Account Set-up Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac

I have a new 3G iPhone and have a work email account set up. I have also set up an account for my yahoo mail and both work great. I'm trying to set up my home email account on the iPhone and am having problems. When configuring , I'm using the password I use to access this service. This sis a POP3 account. I'm setting up as a POP account for incoming: pop.myprovideronline.net For outgoing: smtp.myprovideronline.net
In the address field I'm entering my email address for this account.

After setting everything up I get the error: Cannot connect using SSL

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Do you have the same account set up in Mail? If so, simply check the option in iTunes to sync that e-mail account to the iPhone. It will sync all of the server, port and password info with it.

QUOTE Thanks
Doug in Alaska

Yes, I have the same account in Mail but I have to sync with Microsoft Exchange at work. I'm trying to add it as another account on the iPhone since syncing with my Mac here at home would be a bad idea. I'd like to be able to access it on the iPhone.
Thanks for the reply! Any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
Doug in Alaska

Alright, operator error! I tried to set up my gmail account and had the same problems and the same errors. I turned on Wi-Fi and was able to set up the gmail account. I then set up my home email account and all went well. It finally dawned on me, my signal strength was too low. Wow, a day and a half of frustration for such a simple problem, go figure!!!! Hope this helps someone else!
QUOTE Thanks
MacNNJ

MacNNJ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
I have a new 3G iPhone and have a work email account set up. I have also set up an account for my yahoo mail and both work great. I'm trying to set up my home email account on the iPhone and am having problems. When configuring , I'm using the password I use to access this service. This sis a POP3 account. I'm setting up as a POP account for incoming: pop.myprovideronline.net For outgoing: smtp.myprovideronline.net
In the address field I'm entering my email address for this account.

After setting everything up I get the error: Cannot connect using SSL

Any ideas?
Did you try turning off SSL?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help on iPhone playlists. | How do I unblock a number on my iphone? »