Apple In-Ear Headphones
    Sorry if someone has already posted this before but I didn't see it. I have one question about these new headphones:

Apple - iPod - In-Ear Headphones

Does the mic and clicker work the way our stock headset works for our iPhones? In other words, can I answer phone calls with it and speak to people using the mic? All I see is how it can be used to make voice memos on the iPods.

Thanks

edit: see here is one review I read

"Great headphones: top sound quality and fits perfectly in my ears. The remote works the same as the headphones that come with the iphone itself but the volume control only works with the ipod nano, ipod touch and the ipod video.
    I'm confused why apple didn't make this product specifically for the iphone - it would be so useful to be able to control volume but i was only looking for an in-ear bud with a clicker and a mic for the iphone and i found it.
    These are great headphones"

sounds to me like they do work the same as the stock ones......but why in specs does it say "mic only works for new ipod's and ipod nano's"

I even went to the apple store and they didn't have them yet and didn't even know the answer to my question....ugh

just read another review:

"While these are not offically supported for the iPhone, they do work. The pause, skip forward/backward button works, but the volume control does not. Hopefully the iPhone software will be updated to allow this. "

AHHHHH but do they ANSWER CALLS? Lol, this is so annoying

OK, in case anyone was wondering, since none of y'all apparently knew the answer. These do work the same as the headset that came with our phones. Only the volume controls on the cord won't work. But the clicker still answers calls and plays and pauses and skips music.

Specs:
    MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
    Mine came with a headset, I just took the new earbuds out and saw I had the mix but no button. Never even knew these were shipped with the 3g, I've been using my old 1gen iPod earbuds. Now I'm throwing then nasty things away and will use the new ones.

FYI the new earphones should be in soon, I'll review them when I get the chance

I posted a not too long but fairly deep review on my blog Gadgetsteria

Feel free to take a look and let me know what you think.

*as stated at the beginning of the post, the pictures are engadgets (camera is not working), but the review is 100% mine*

Thread Information