Thread: Iphone or not?

Specs:
    Powerbook G4 15"
    Iphone or not?
    Coming to the end of my contract with my mobile phone in the next month or so, so I was trying to weigh up my next move.

Do I either sign up to a contract for 18 months at 35 per month (630 for 18 months), or do I (bearing in mind I don't use my mobile much for call and text purposes) cancel the contract altogether and get a pay-as-you-go mobile and an Ipod?

I could get the iphone on PAYG, but I'm guessing the data constraints are not ideal for something that relies so heavily upon internet-type stuff.

Excluding calls, does the Ipod do the same stuff as the iphone with apps and wi-fi, etc?

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodri View Post

Excluding calls, does the Ipod do the same stuff as the iphone with apps and wi-fi, etc?

yupp....the iPod touch does

I love my touch..... I have a blackberry for a phone and other data stuff, the touch is for music, games and videos.

Specs:
    2.16 MacBook Pro
    My iPhone has changed the way I use my phone.

I never used to check email or browse the web on the move, nowadays i do it all the time. factor in the excellent camera and iPod feature and you have a fantastic little phone. Now i don't have to carry around separate cameras phone and ipods, I have it all in one device.

Seriously, go grab a 3G iphone with an unlimited data package and you'll never look back. I know a few people that have them now and they wouldn't swap them for all the tea in china.

Specs:
    2.0 uni
    I prefer a 2G unlock and have fun...

Specs:
    2.0 uni
    Coming to the end of my contract with my mobile phone in the next month or so, so I was trying to weigh up my next move.

Do I either sign up to a contract for 18 months at 35 per month (630 for 18 months), or do I (bearing in mind I don't use my mobile much for call and text purposes) cancel the contract altogether and get a pay-as-you-go mobile and an Ipod?

I could get the iphone on PAYG, but I'm guessing the data constraints are not ideal for something that relies so heavily upon internet-type stuff.

Ta
    go and get a prepaid plan 1.00 a day when you use it, nights free for as much calling as you want, maybe it will save you a bit of cash

Quote Originally Posted by AirAddict View Post
    go and get a prepaid plan 1.00 a day when you use it, nights free for as much calling as you want, maybe it will save you a bit of cash
    That is an interesting take. Does that also include data?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro
    I don't think AT&T has pay as you go for iPhone.

I have Sprint Treo 755 and pay $40 after taxes each month.
    I get unlimited Internet
    Unlimited 7pm-7am calls
    Unlimited weekend calls
    450 minutes prime time

Granted, my plan is no longer available, but this is:
    $69
    Unlimited Internet
    Unlimited 7pm-7am calls
    Unlimited weekend calls
    450 minutes prime time
    unlimited text

I cannot see why I would benefit by paying $70+ for iPhone when they give me:
    9pm - 6am nights

I like the iPhone, but i think it is overpriced, and I am not interested in paying a premium during this depression.

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
    I like the iPhone, but i think it is overpriced, and I am not interested in paying a premium during this depression.
    Good thing no one is forcing you into buying one.....

Do I either sign up to a contract for 18 months at £35 per month (£630 for 18 months), or do I (bearing in mind I don't use my mobile much for call and text purposes) cancel the contract altogether and get a pay-as-you-go mobile and an Ipod?
    Get a PAYG and an iPod, you'll be better off in the long run.

Thread Information