New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone Battery

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Macman8807

Macman8807 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4g, 2GB, 200G, 15.4

How has the iPhone battery performed in one day while just using it for a few calls, some txts and maybe some browsing but not a whole lot? I am really curious.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

With 3G on or off?

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Typically I can get through a day without charging and using a combination of 3G and Wi-Fi, moderate browsing and music listening, light phone usage and heavy gaming and other app usage.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

If I am using my 3G a lot (Pandora or FStream) and have the screen on a lot then typically I can use my phone for about a half a day (8-10 Hours). But to be fair, I am on the phone quite a lot as it is a business line. With the 3G off, using more WIFI I can generally get through a whole day (16-20 hours).

Like right now, I have had my screen on all morning , using Pandora over the 3G network (since about 8am), and I have about 35% battery left.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
Macman8807

Macman8807 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4g, 2GB, 200G, 15.4

Dang thats some good news right there. I am going to be using WiFi when I can because I won't be on 3G all the time.
QUOTE Thanks
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman8807 View Post
How has the iPhone battery performed in one day while just using it for a few calls, some txts and maybe some browsing but not a whole lot? I am really curious.
browsing will use the most power out of the lot but if you turn off wi fi when you are not using it you will be amazed how much better it performs.

Before Apple advised me to do this I was needing to charge my phone every day as it was losing about 50% battery but now I am charging properly once a week.

Multitasking also uses power so if you close apps you aren't using this will help.
QUOTE Thanks
ace.13unibody

ace.13unibody is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G

I would say I use my phone similarly to what your describing, some calls during the day, texting, some light internet browsing, and I have never had any issues with getting up at 7am and plugging it back in at 10pm that night, usually still has 30-50% life left, and I don't monitor "open" applications either.

EDIT: Just realized this is a REALLY old post, haha
QUOTE Thanks
TF626

TF626 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic

I usually charge mine every 36 hours. That's because I talk on EDGE, I turn off my 3G and only browse on 3G when needed, and I always use Wi-Fi. I play some games, texts, make some calls, browse the internet to.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone to MacBook via Bluetooth | status icon »