Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
    5th Gen iPod Video Won't Turn On
    My friend gave me his old iPod Video because it doesn't work. He says his mom threw it in the trash on accident and it hasn't worked since then. He said it didn't get wet, but that it just doesn't turn on. I'm charging it and I've tried to reset it, but I'm still not getting any response. I've ordered a new battery and tools to see if that would work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Specs:
    MacBook White 2.0 GHz 320GB HD 2GB RAM PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 733MHz 80GB HD iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Wrong category
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueMoron View Post
    My friend gave me his old iPod Video because it doesn't work. He says his mom threw it in the trash on accident and it hasn't worked since then. He said it didn't get wet, but that it just doesn't turn on. I'm charging it and I've tried to reset it, but I'm still not getting any response. I've ordered a new battery and tools to see if that would work. Does anyone have any ideas?

This is in the iPhone category. You will get more responses if you move it to the iPod hardware category.

Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
    Oops. I did not catch that. I shouldn't post when I'm tired. Well, the iPod is fried anyway so this thread can be deleted altogether, if the mods want to.

Thread Information