New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Thinking of buying an iPhone!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Simms

Simms is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD

Hey iPhone people! I am thinking about buying an iPhone - I think they're awesome - but I want to ask, does anyone know when the next big update/refresh is? The last thing I want to do is buy an iPhone when a newer one is just around the corner. Thanks!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

The 3G iPhone just came out recently, so I wouldn't worry.
And as owning 2 myself, (wife and I) we have the original and the 3G. You won't be disappointed! My wife actually said "why didn't you tell me before, that they were so much fun!" =]

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
takadante

takadante will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3

You could expect one around SUMMER 2009. They usually update their macbooks every year, and if its the same with the iPhones, it should be in July/August.

~joe
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephali View Post
You could expect one around August 2009. They usually update their macbooks every year, and if its the same with the iPhones, it should be in August.

~joe
There's no precedent for that. The first iPhone came out in June, the 3G came out in July. Macbooks are updated in April/May and October/November. No clue where you got August out of all that.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
There's no precedent for that. The first iPhone came out in June, the 3G came out in July. Macbooks are updated in April/May and October/November. No clue where you got August out of all that.
I am not giving an exact date. I am giving an estimate. Sometime that quarter. I didn't mean to give him the idea that it is coming out EXACTLY in August. Its in between the dates posted above, and we will probably hear more news around that time period.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

If you wanted to give an estimate, you could have said next summer. Saying August makes it sound as though you know the exact date as to when it's coming out. If you had said June or July it wouldn't have been such a big deal since that's when Apple has historically released the iPhone, but there's nothing that would indicate Apple will release the next one in August, so it's very odd that you would state that month with such authority.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

I gladly edited my information.

No need to get so hostile.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Not getting hostile, just making sure we provide the best possible information here at M-F.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
bad.heron

bad.heron is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT

I won't be buying one until the next major update. I don't personally believe they have got it quite right just yet.

15.4" Apple Unibody Macbook Pro Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4), 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRAM (2x2GB), 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD), NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB, SuperDrive 8X - Apple Remote Infrared (IR) - Logitech MX Performance 2.4 GHz Wireless - Apple Keyboard Bluetooth - iPhone 4 32GB, Black
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using iPhone SIM in XU870 expresscard | Transferring pictures FROM macbook pro TO iphone? »