New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Picking up my 8Gb iPhone Monday...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

Hey everyone

Now, ive already grabbed my flame suit just incase i ask questions asked before, but here goes...

What would you lot recommend I have ready for the arrival of my iPhone? So far all ive done is organized address book with all my contacts so I can sync them...

Any "Killer" apps you would recommend that I install?

How easy is iCal to sync with the iPhone? I work in a very busy shop and the ability to have my work schedule with me out and about would be excellent.

Anything I should worry about?

Anyway, im sure there will be more questions

*Hides behind wall*

Ready when you are

-- Bry

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

- I'd say if you didn't get a dock, get one. Makes it a lot easier to charge/sync. I even have one for my car, hot glued to the inside one of the cup holders so that it doesn't throw its self around when shifting gears. Have iTunes ready with playlists and all (but I assume you do already), and convert any movies you want to place on it. Get a case or a screen protector of some sort!!

-Killer apps.... Some free ones: Bloomberg, Remote, iPint, Air Sharing (really the best app in the store, but not sure if it is free anymore), and Pandora
Ones to pay for: Mainly games here But Enigmo, Gas Hog..

I haven't been to the App Store in a month so I'm sure that I'm missing a lot of good apps.

-Extremely easy. Do you have MobileMe?? That makes it 10x easier.

-Keep a polishing cloth handy because the black iPhone attracts fingerprints like crazy..

Congratulations!!! You are going to love it.

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

takadante will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3

If you IM a lot, BeeJive is by far the best AIM application available on the iPhone.

If you plan on jailbreaking, get Cycorder. It is a full-feature Video Camera for iPhone. Easy to use, and its free! Snapture is another app that adds several features to the camera, such as Zoom, Multi-shot, Color-mode, Timer, Size, and using volume buttons as snapshot when in landscape mode

One more thing, try to go by the Apple store and pick up a screen gaurd. Its not only useful for preventing scratches, but it helps minimalize the fingerprints on the screen (so annoying)

Good luck, and enjoy the iPhone
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

Hey

Cheers for the replies Waterpolo820 and Josephali!

I doubt im going to jailbreak my iPhone, so that at least cuts out some things I might need to find

You both mention a screen protector or similar is a great idea, any suggestions from personal experience which ones are good to go for?

I haven't got MobileMe but I have already set up my address book, iCal etc with everything I need so im hoping it will sync easy enough

-- Bry

“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

takadante will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3

You can get a MobileMe 60-day trial to see if you like it or not.

Also, I got myself the InvisibleSheild from Zagg. Probably the most popular clear phone guard. Check them out on youtube or google. Haven't gotten a scratch yet. Good thing about the Zagg, is that it covers the entire phone, so a hard case is optional.

Enjoy!
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

Hey

I'll look into MobileMe! Ill also check out invisible shield Cheers!

-- Bry

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Chinese iPhone clone | iPhone 3G GPS... where? »