New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Battery life on iphone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tdll1313

tdll1313 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore

Hey guys I just recently picked up the iphone 3g and of course I love the phone. But I have been disappointed with the battery life. I don't do much talking "basically none during the average day" nor do i use the internet much. I keep wifi, 3g, and bluetooth off, but I do text a good amount. Say 200 in and out a day. Anyways, I can't go a full full day on one charge. What is everyone's experience? I am sure there is another thread on this but I didn't see it. thanks you for input.
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

My experience is the the 3G iPhone's battery last about three times longer than the older model.
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

Mac Specs: 27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore

Del? "I love the irony of you name" So how long does your battery go?
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

takadante will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3

I use my iPhone A LOT. Maybe 300 Text a day, 4 hours or browsing/EGDE use, but BlueTooth is never on.

My battery last from 6:00 in the morning, 'til 7:00 at night. But sometimes during the day it is plugged into my MacBook, so it reimburses that charge.

~JosephA
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

A single charge lasting a full day isn't that bad if you're using a variety of its functions, but if it's draining after just 200 messages, something is wrong.

What are your brightness settings like? Have you calibrated the battery? (completely drain till it turns off, then charge back to full)

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
nikkos

nikkos is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
I think as long as bluetooth is inactive you save up lots of battery life.
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

Hey guys a little update. I went down to the apple store, and had it tested and he said my battery was completely shot! So right then and there it was replaced with a brand new one and today I still have about 3/4 of a battery where at this same time today my phone was basically dead!! I love the apple's store customer service.
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

Make sure that you've updated to version 2.1 (free) - it really helped battery life a lot for my customers.
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

I get 1 day and 15 hours with a few calls, a lot of mail and SMS and **** load of internet (no via wifi).
QUOTE Thanks
Jay Ray

Jay Ray is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GM ram, 128mb vram, Macbook, iPhone 3G 8g

The first time you get the iphone the battery isn't that great, after a few weeks of use it will last longer, but I am glad you were able to replace your battery.
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

Oh so the battery life actually gets better after you use it for a while?? I have never heard that before. Did anyone else find that battery life improved after a couple weeks of usage??
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

I have the first gen and my battery life is starting to suck.. Might upgrade to a 3G

The more you use the phone obvious the faster the battery will die. If you use it as much as another phone (which is rarely) then you will notice that it last for a while.

But if you play with apps, surf the web, listen to the iPod, etc.. it will die much more faster.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Do new apple retail stores carry older iphones? | Iphone..capacity bar »