New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

is iPhone 3G good/bad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HeroBiX

HeroBiX is on a distinguished road

HERE IS A POLL ABOUT THE iPHONE =)

dont want to read all the comments about what they think about there iPhone, so I thought "lets make a poll", and since that is not that hard I will make one =)

I am on my way to buy one, and I am thinking if I should wait a little bit more for a huger upgrade or buy one now

What does Intel do in a Mac?
A hole lot more then in a PC
QUOTE Thanks
Lewwy

Lewwy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM

...Lazy.

I dont have one (at least not till the 20th) but i'd recommend reading up on it.
Probably better reading somewhere else. At the end of the day, were all fanboys here. Regardless of whether its a good product / worth the money, the information here is more than likely going to be biased.

Go to a Blackberry forum and ask
QUOTE Thanks
NumberSix

NumberSix is on a distinguished road

I almost bought one. But the deal breaker for me was AT&T. I've heard mostly only bad things about them.

I'd still had taken the chance, if only AT&T had any kind of attractive long distance calling plans, but they don't (best they can do is .19 cents a minute for calls to Canada, so that sucks)

Oh, and about the 3G network, we have a few iPhones at work, according to our hardware managers the iPhones are barely ever connected at 3G speeds (we're right in Manhattan, you'd think the network was good). So that's a bummer.
QUOTE Thanks
Stephen

Stephen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13", 4gb, 500gb, 2.26 Duo. White iPhone 5, White iPad Mini 32gb

on 02 in the uk and so far so good! had it for a week and a day and love it. the 2.1 update sorted a few of the little tinkles that was bugging me! its great having one product for everything - shame you cant use it as a bank card so i wouldn't have to carry my wallet! I have owned a 1st gen one but had a play with my mates and glad i waited for the 3g, think the design is fantastic!! also its a pleasure to have a 3g signal most the time with 02, was with orange and the signal all over is terrible!
QUOTE Thanks
imrahil327

imrahil327 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro & iPhone 3G

I love mine, but I turned off the 3g to extend its battery life. I only turn it on if I'm downloading data or something, otherwise the normal browser speed is plenty fast.
QUOTE Thanks
greggles

greggles is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb

I live in the UK (Ipswich) and have a generally good 3G signal. The only problem is my daily train commute into London where, for half the journey I have no cellular signal at all, let alone 3g. I bought the original iPhone on the UK launch and it felt a bit special queuing up outside the Apple store. With the 3g version, O2 couriered it to my front door (also on launch day). Although I really like the 3g, it does not feel quite the same as the original. Come to think of it, it's a bit like the feeling you get when you get your first Mac/ iPod!

That said, the 3g is a brilliant phone and I couldn't imagine ever changing it - apart from some future iPhone incarnation.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

The O2 UK deal seems much more favourable than the US AT&T offering.

Apart from having a 'Friday afternoon' phone to start with (standby button mis-aligned, chrome work rough at edges and the external speaker giving up) I'm happy. My replacement phone is fine, 2.1 has ironed out the glaring glitches. Happy plow.

I do wish Apple would allow better Bluetooth use and allow apps to access the full res pictures from the camera roll but there you go.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

I'm in the Bay Area, I get 3G about 70% of the time. If you use Exchange Push like I do, it wears the battery faster. I changed mine to Fetch at 30 minute intervals, we'll see how long it lasts. Otherwise the battery lasted 12 hours with moderate usage.
QUOTE Thanks
fash

fash is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM

good...
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Pretty darn happy with it....

QUOTE Thanks
HeroBiX

HeroBiX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewwy View Post
...Lazy.

I dont have one (at least not till the 20th) but i'd recommend reading up on it.
Probably better reading somewhere else. At the end of the day, were all fanboys here. Regardless of whether its a good product / worth the money, the information here is more than likely going to be biased.

Go to a Blackberry forum and ask
Haha! maybe I do that =)
But I just orderd mine, so I will soon find out how it's
Dad got one to, he really likes it

What does Intel do in a Mac?
A hole lot more then in a PC
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I love everything about it. Plus, even if you buy it now, you can still purchase software upgrades whenever they come out. I believe it's 2.1 that just came out. I would 100% recommend it. As for the service plan, whichever appeals to you. I think Apple should also have their own service plan.

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
ImBatman

ImBatman is on a distinguished road

My wife and I went ahead and got iPhones this past weekend (bye Sprint and WM 6.1) and absolutely love them. At first I was really hesitant because of all the negative reviews I've been reading, so I wanted to wait out the 2.1 update and see if it fixed the problems. It's not perfect, but overall I think it is well worth the price of admission and has exceeded my expectations thus far.

MacBook Pro 2.2Mhz, 100GB HD, 2G RAM...First Mac

Sprint HTC 6800 Mogul--------> to ------->ATT iPhone 3G 16GB (Black)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB Power Adapter - Recall | iPhone photo rotation incorrect »