New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

i have mp4s 320x240 in my itunes library, but my iphone isnt detecting them

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Makaio

Makaio is on a distinguished road

I'm new to itunes, the iphone converted me but its getting a little frustrating.
I have mp4 video files, about 50 hours worth, in my itunes library, that play in itunes and are only and are only 320x240 and yet they dont show up under videos when i plug in my iphone.

I've searched as best i can, and found a few threads on different sites with problems actually syncing the videos but i dont even have the option to do so.

I've tried right clicking>convert selection for ipod/iphone and even those videos don't appear with the option to sync under my iphone, just in itunes.
Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
chriswright101

chriswright101 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ

I had the same problem. Not with converting to iTunes or with my iPhone, it was just that when I had downloaded movie trailers from the American iTunes store, I couldn't put them on my English iPhone.

Your problem sounds similar.

I used a program called VisualHub which can convert everything to anything. Any format you choose; including specifically for the iPhone/iPod resolutions.

You can tell VisualHub to automatically add the file to iTunes once it has finished re-writing the code, and it should save it straight in the 'Movies' folder. You'll then need to delete the old file otherwise you will end up with thousands of duplicates laying all over your computer.

Hope that helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Entourage crashed Contacts only on Iphone please HELP!!! | iphone 3G 2 dead pixels »