New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone Freezing Up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Erieg

Erieg is on a distinguished road

Every since the 2.0 software was released my iPhone (1st Gen) has been freezing up. For example I wake the phone up and then press the contacts icon and it takes close to 10 seconds to display the contacts. It isn't just the contacts... it is happening to just about every function of the phone.

I have reset the phone and even reinstalled the software to no avail.

Is this a common problem? If not are there any suggestions on how to fix this? It is REALLY annoying.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Have you updated to the latest 2.0.2? Those lag issues have mostly been dealt with with the updates

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Erieg

Erieg is on a distinguished road

Yes I am on 2.0.2. I have been hoping that the updates would fix this but they haven't. I guess that this came to a head today when my co-worker was showing me his new 3G and it had no lag what so ever.

Like I said.. no issues until 2.0
QUOTE Thanks
james515

james515 is an unknown at this point

my wifes 1st gen iPhone froze a few weeks ago and when I tried to power it off, it took about 45 minutes to power off. Then it worked just fine after that. Im guessing my nephew was switching between games way to fast and causing what ever problems 7 year old boys cause.
QUOTE Thanks
v_dash

v_dash is on a distinguished road

I'm using the iphone 3G an it froze on a white screen. When I connect to my computer, itunes and iphoto runs automatically and is syncing with the iphone. It's really messed up. Blarg.. help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphone headset vs cheap bluetooth..? | Entourage crashed Contacts only on Iphone please HELP!!! »