Thread: Gmail?

Specs:
    24" iMac 2.8GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, iphone 3G, & Classic ipod
    Gmail?
    I like gmail's mobil email domain better than apple's. Is there a way to assign gmail's mobil inbox to the email icon on my iPhone home screen?
    Thanks,
    -Daz

Quote Originally Posted by DaZ View Post
    I like gmail's mobil email domain better than apple's. Is there a way to assign gmail's mobil inbox to the email icon on my iPhone home screen?
    Thanks,
    -Daz
    Do you want to use the gmail web interface? You can save a bookmark to the home page and then move the icon to the bottom bar.

Specs:
    Thanks for the reply, I like gmail's mobile browser because it is faster then apples iphone browser. I was hoping to assign it to the mail icon. They came up with imap but it does not allow me to do this.

Specs:
    15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
    Quote Originally Posted by DaZ View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I like gmail's mobile browser because it is faster then apples iphone browser. I was hoping to assign it to the mail icon. They came up with imap but it does not allow me to do this.
    I'm not sure what your trying to do here...

What do you mean by "gmail's mobile browser..." and "apple's iphone browser..."

Oh... I think I get it... are you trying to assign the gmail web interface to the mail icon on the phone... If so you can't do that... However, when viewing gmail on the web, press the plus button on the bottom bar of safari and select "add icon to home screen"... There you go, a gmail button on your home screen.

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."

Specs:
    Google created a new mobile browser for gmail. I am trying to assign this to the mail icon on the iphone so I can use googles mobile browser rather than apples default iphone browser (that comes up when you check your email on your iphone.) http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/0...or-iphone.html

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Google has basically only created a website specifically designed to look good on the iPhone. Apple's Mail application on your iPhone has the advantage it will also work when you're not online (to an extent) and is probably also a bit faster to work with.

However you should be able to add a shortcut to the Gmail iPhone website to your home screen. Once there, just tap and hold on the icon until all icons start wiggling. Then drag the gmail icon into the space where Mail currently sits.

Specs:
    17" MBP unibody
    Why not just simply setup your Gmail account under the mail settings?
    -Ever Forward-
    My X Blog

Thread Information